Beer clubs

martin_b

Not really brewing but its about beer..

Anyone any views on the plethora of subscription beer clubs that have recently appeared? I know its an expensive way to get beer you might not like, but it is convenient.

I used to be a member of Beer52, but the beer choice was just to “exotic” for my conservative tastes. Beer should contain Hops Barley Yeast Water, ( and maybe a few other grain types)  but certainly not.. Cinnamon, Chocolate, Coffee, lime juice, and a selection of various fruits.

I now use Honestbrew.co.uk. which allows me to more tightly specify my preferred type of beer (IPA’s and Pale) and while I’ve had a few that have been just OK I’m yet to get anything truly undrinkable.

Anyone else subscribe to any

I don't subscribe to any,  I do all grain homebrew but what hit me from your post was this quote.......

8 hours ago, martin_b said:

Beer should contain Hops Barley Yeast Water, ( and maybe a few other grain types)  but certainly not.. Cinnamon, Chocolate, Coffee, lime juice, and a selection of various fruits.

I can't agree more with you,.............Jeeze  who comes up with the idea of adding any of the above???  "oh I've just made this beautiful IPA and I'll add some crap to it, just to be different"

The same is happening with cider,  passion fruit and apple they ask for at the local!!  "it made from smegging apples don't you know".   t1940.gif

I'll stick to making my own thanks.

Ice. m0114.gif

• Haha 1