Shop bought bbq sauces

Hi, 

wondering what folks think are the best shop bought bbq sauces? I know it’s good to make your own but sometimes it’s handy to have something as a backup in the fridge/cupboard. 

3 common ones in store seem to be Stubbs, bullseye and seeey baby rays though the latter is made with corn syrup and I think , as name suggests , very sweet! 

thanks

I have had bullseye ones which are decent. Currently got sweet baby rays which i really like....however my all time favourite is 'Night of the living bbq sauce' but im not sure its still produced since I have not found it for quite a while😭 I may have to have another look for it now lol

Found some! But its certainly more expensive than when I used to get it😒

https://www.bbqgourmet.co.uk/product/cowtown-bbq-night-of-the-living-bbq-bbq-sauce-510g-18-oz/

I used to get it for about £4 from TK max (of all places)

Edited by AdamG
Added link

Thanks! Yeah for £9 you could just use those ingredients and make a big batch! Chipotle sounds like a goood addition! Might try and make sauce with that at some point. In the meantime maybe I’ll just buy the other 3 and figure which is best for myself! 

I tend to just pick up allsorts since they are usually for backup. I prefer homemade ones, the night of the living bbq one is the only one that stands out for me....i think my next project is to make a homemade sauce that is similar and then take it from there😋

One thing I have not tried is the more locally sourced homemade style ones that tend to be made in much smaller batches than the commercial ones...though they tend to be more expensive

Edited by AdamG

Don’t think I really have one for bbq. I often don’t bother as I’m usually cooking for fussy kids so often leave plain! I just tried a Nando’s bbq one which was ok but pretty sweet. If I make I usually just do a mix of ketchup, Worcester honey, paprika onion and garlic. Pretty standard. 

I use Pitmaster X's sauce as a base & tweak it depending on what planning to cook or visitors taste. The bourbon variant seems to be the most popular. Of the mainstream sauces I have been given, none of them have stood out for me, last 3 I dumped as had been open for over a year so, can't recall the brands. Balance doesn't seem right for my tastes. 

I have used loads of different BBQ sauces from Tesco own brand to, Heinz, to Baby Rays to Blues Hog raspberry chipotle and many in between.

They are generally the sweet, smoky variety and mostly taste the same, in my opinion.

The one "sauce" I go back to again and again though is chimichurri.