Fitting Gasket to oem door

Justin

I have got some JAGO stove rope to put on but was curios about where to place.  I have decided to put on the door itself. Not least because cleaning the door is much easier than cleaning the wsm cylinder, it being more portable.

Edited by Justin

Sure, I have given a good scrub in soapy hot water and now it on hot wash in dishwasher.  I have had a look at kettle lid but that so baked on greasy hard to clean, My kettle is 20 years old. I will have to get some wire wool and even then, tricky to clean

Guest homer

have you checked to see if its food safe?

i bought a similar  rope sealer and adhesive only to find it wasn't food safe as they are for wood burners etc and not for cooking purposes, thought i had result finding it so cheap but sadly think that is the reason the proper stuff is so expensive, ended up using the prosmoke one in the end, other stuff went in the  bin to be on the safe side 

1 hour ago, Icefever said:

Bloody hell....never thought about that...will have to check the stuff I've bought.  

This should not be a problem for two reasons

1. The Jago and Vitcas stove ropes are designed for use in ovens as well as stoves. The WSM is just an oven when it comes down to the basics
  2. The stove rope is not going to come into direct contact with the food.

13 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Cheers Wade,  sat here thinking about it and if I remember right,  the fire rope I've got says it is in fact not asbestos. Will have to check on it when we return home later today.

Almost all of the stove ropes you can buy are made of glass fibre.

8 minutes ago, homer said:

Problem with the one i had Was The adhesive not the rope itself 

Which brand of adhesive did you use? It may not specifically say that it is "food safe" but if it states that it can be used to seal ovens or range cookers then it is fine to use on smokers. 

• 4 weeks later...