2017 Christmas Prize Photo Challenge

Wade

We are announcing the 2017 Christmas Photo Prize Challenge. This is open to all WSF members and is very simple to enter. All you need to do is send us a photo that has something to do with Christmas and BBQ/Smoking/Preserving. It can be of anything that fits the criteria. For instance it could be an inspiring plate of food that you have produced, a festive event you have attended over the Christmas period or something unexpected that you have caught on camera. The photos can be serious, light hearted or just plain strange. Remember though that they must be suitable for publication. The competition is open from today until the 29th December 2017 and the winner will be announced on the 2nd January 2018.

The prize for the best photo submitted will be:

• A WFS prize winners t-shirt in your selected size
  • 6 months supply of bacon curing salts (based on curing 1 Kg of bacon per week for 26 weeks) 
  • 2 packs of smoked nuts

Photos should be sent as a private message to @Photo Challenge and should not be posted directly in this thread. Photos posted directly here will be excluded from consideration in the competition.
However, if you have a suitably themed photo that you would like to share and do not want to enter into the competition then please post it here for us all to enjoy.

The competition has a few simple rules…

• The photo/s must have been taken by you between the 17th December and midnight on 29th December 2017
  • Members can submit as many photos as they wish during the competition period
  • They must be connected with Christmas AND also BBQ, smoking or preserving
  • Each photo must be accompanied by a few words explaining what it is and when/where it was taken
  • They must not infringe any copyright
  • They must not be digitally enhanced or altered in any way
  • The winner will be selected by WFS staff and their decision will be final.

All submitted photos will be posted here for everyone to view after the competition closing date.

So get those cameras out and get snapping. Here is one to get the ball rolling...

It is the 17th December and the last of the 2017 chillies are now being harvested. From todays crop Santas evil twin brother "Vampire Claws" was born.

5a369292870e5_VampireClaus2.thumb.jpg.40c948df76af6c786764b81f2775cfd0.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We would like to thank everyone who submitted photos for the Christmas competition. We enjoyed judging the entries and it was a tough decision. Ultimately it was agreed that the winning entry was "Breakfast" by @mark70

5a4c9f2f92a7d_Mark70-Breakfast.thumb.jpg.8a8695e5b69047e67c058152705d0b0b.jpg

We liked this entry because we thought that it captured the feeling of the season and also breakfast on Christmas morning. Mark cured the bacon but we are not sure that he laid the eggs himself :D. @mark70 wins the t-shirt, 6 months supply of bacon curing salts and the smoked nuts.

We also selected a runner-up. This was the selection of home cured meat and fish by @MadCow

5a4ca0a25b61e_MadCow-Cured.thumb.jpg.731943609f0bd77e68d5d420ead53a76.jpg

@MadCow wins a bacon making kit.

You can see all of the competition entries in the Gallery and can also comment there on the photos. We will be holding more competitions during the year so keep your cameras at the ready.

• Like 1

Wow delighted to have been chosen.  My second bacon cure and smoke and I am truly hooked. 

The eggs were from a small farm just 2 miles away from me free range and I see the flock each time I collect some.  Minimum food miles and high quality

I gave the farmer some of my smoked bacon last weekend so he could try real bacon and eggs

Many thanks

Mark

40 minutes ago, mark70 said:

Wow delighted to have been chosen.  My second bacon cure and smoke and I am truly hooked. 

The eggs were from a small farm just 2 miles away from me free range and I see the flock each time I collect some.  Minimum food miles and high quality

I gave the farmer some of my smoked bacon last weekend so he could try real bacon and eggs

Many thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, congratulations on the Photo Challenge win, what T Shirt would you like from the Store, you can pick any. PM with your choice, Colour, size and address and I will get it made up and sent out to you.

Steve