Making my own smoker from barrel. First time smoker

irishcelt

I have an oak whiskey barrel for the last few years and wanting to make a smoker from it. I do some fishing for salmon and mackerel and wanting to now smoke them.  I am a small builder and very good with my hands so anything like this wont b a problem. My oak barrel will be a test run and after this, i will be constructing my own small stone BBQ and smoke house.   

As for smoking my fish, im a clueless in this. I have watched some clips from youtube and will be making my oak barrel smoker before the season ends. Im quite busy with other work but ill manage to fit this in soon. If not, then itll be ready for next season.  

So bhoys and ghirls, where do i start once i have my barrel made and fish caught. 

Whiskey Barrel Smoker, I have seen some of these about, local reclamation yard have got some of these in.

I don’t not eat fish so have no idea on the subject, but you are in the right place. @Wade, is the man. He has put threads on the Forum, and he will be only to willing to help and guide you through the process.

15 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Whiskey Barrel Smoker, I have seen some of these about, local reclamation yard have got some of these in.

I don’t not eat fish so have no idea on the subject, but you are in the right place. @Wade, is the man. He has put threads on the Forum, and he will be only to willing to help and guide you through the process.

Cheers.  Quite like the look of the barrel smoker and can't wait to get it going. 

• Like 1