Noob from Chatham, Kent

Mickm8

Hi all, 

Relatively new to 'low & slow' and so far I have been using a Weber kettle with some success (baby back ribs, whole chicken etc).

I have decided to get myself a standalone 'smoker' and have more or less decided on a ProQ, I also looked at the Weber Smokey Mountain but after reading many reviews I have decided on the former.

So here I am looking for tips and advice etc.

Cheers

Mick

Good  mate, much of a muchness I have the smaller wsm and love it but the pro Q is also a very nice choice Tips I have the smokefire mod on mine which really helps dial it in. and of course stove rope to seal up the looser parts around the door and lid, plus I have added a hinge which  i got form the pro q store.  The hinge is a good idea as otherwise the inconvenience of the lid  being put down picked up whilst not a problem is nice to get rids off. I also fill the water bowl with sand not water as a heatsink. I line the bowl with foil too so it is easy to clean. 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Good  mate, much of a muchness I have the smaller wsm and love it but the pro Q is also a very nice choice Tips I have the smokefire mod on mine which really helps dial it in. and of course stove rope to seal up the looser parts around the door and lid, plus I have added a hinge which  i got form the pro q store.  The hinge is a good idea as otherwise the inconvenience of the lid  being put down picked up whilst not a problem is nice to get rids off. I also fill the water bowl with sand not water as a heatsink. I line the bowl with foil too so it is easy to clean. 

Top tips Justin, appreciated. Would said mods be required on a WSM?