BBQ Shack Complete

Just finished building my shack and just put the BBQs in. Any thoughts or feedback appreciated.

Wood has been covered with Flame Retardant solution to help prevent the obvious danger of the thing catching fire! 😅 Roof is clear corrugated roofing and got protection mats under both the Offset and the Weber to help protect the floor base. Got weatherproof Vinyl "curtains" for the side and front to help with air flow and to open the place up a bit. 

Future plans include building some worktops to make it easier for prepping and serving as well as better storage for things like the charcoal and gadgets. No power supply to the shack as I have no idea how to install a power line and just had the slabs laid recently.

PXL_20210717_164057715.jpg

PXL_20210716_175328799.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210717_154707761.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:36 PM, caleuanhopkins said:

I've done a test run with the weber and that went great but I am worried about the ash from the firebox on the offset. Don't know if there is more that can be done to catch as much of the falling ash as possible to prevent the shack wood burning

What about a metal tray to catch any ash that falls out when opening the fire box door????  just my 2 cents?🤔

Ice.

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

What about a metal tray to catch any ash that falls out when opening the fire box door????  just my 2 cents?🤔

Ice.

I've got a metal bucket but yeah that's still a bit below the door. Are you thinking like having a tray that is almost attached to the bottom of the firebox so there is no gap between the end of the door opening and the tray? Think this would be a good idea and i can have the bucket below for the overflow. Use the tray as a sort of "slide" to help ensure the coals either sit in the tray or slide into the bucket with water in the bottom to instantly cool them