Hello from Essex

James H

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forum and am looking forward to learning from all the experience here! I'm based on the North Essex / Suffolk border. 

I have a couple of grills - 2 Weber Kettles, a WSM and a Smokey Joe to take camping. 

I've also just received my Aldi Kamado... With their infamous delivery issues... So I have asked a few questions here to try and help me decide if I should keep it or send it back for the refund.

Hopefully speak to many of you soon!

James

Hi,

Thank you for the welcome!

Yes, well possibly... It appears that it may be OK, I've noticed a few imperfections but these may be normal. I've been inspecting it thoroughly as when it arrived in the delivery van it had broken loose of its packaging and was on its side on the floor of the van. I've added some pictures to my post in the other thread. 

James

• Like 1

So from my experience crazing on the glazing is superficial. However, if you can see cracks the extend from one end to the other either internally or externally these could be an issue. If you give it a light tap with something solid it should ring to a degree. If it sounds dull & flat, it probably has a crack in the casting.

Cheers n Gone Nick 

6 hours ago, Skagg2000 said:

So from my experience crazing on the glazing is superficial. However, if you can see cracks the extend from one end to the other either internally or externally these could be an issue. If you give it a light tap with something solid it should ring to a degree. If it sounds dull & flat, it probably has a crack in the casting.

Cheers n Gone Nick 

Hi, 

Thank you for the input! The cracks are certainly only small, and definitely not one end to another of area. I'll find something to get it a tap with and listen for the ring though!

They've definitely not included the ash scraper (or most likely it's rattling around the back of the van still) which, although minor, means I will be going back to Aldi to discuss at least a partial refund even if I am keeping it. So I'll probably include the photos I have then and request their input, or that it the manufacturer, on the defects I've identified... I'll also want them to confirm if I do keep it, partial refund or not, that my warranty won't be affected.

Thanks again, James