Louisiana Grille from Costco, Unboxing and short review

Handyjayes

I never got around to uploading and reviewing the offer from Costco last year. 

It arrived via their 'White Glove' courier service that utilises a courier that deals with delicate goods. 

Was very happy when I realised it was a better 'spec' than that advertised, as it had the magnetic front catch which was a bonus

and the HD triple sprung hinge box!

The hinge box at the rear is super 'HD' and holds the heavy lid at any position I put it at which is really pleasing.

I did a couple of mods. I did the felt mod around the vent which was fairly loose out of the box and this made it lovely and snug and therefore airtight.

With all the eggs out there, I am guessing we all hope that they will be as airtight as possible and this egg is better than I could have hoped for. 

I did the paper test around every inch of the lid on to base and it gripped the paper superbly.

I also added felt around the bottom vent, but it has made that a little too stiff to easily open and close to the desired gap for temperature control

and hope with use this summer will slide a little easier once it gets more use.

As a first time egg owner, I had no idea how enjoyable and more importantly, - 'controllable' these are. I thought I would struggle to get to and maintain

temperatures. So extremely amazed how accurately I can hit a temperature and maintain it. 

If costco's get this model in again this year, then I will say it is a far more affordable quality big egg for anyone looking to take the plunge.

Came with a cover too! 

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Edited by Handyjayes
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, AdamG said:

Looks lika another great option and can see some good choices by the manufacturer 👍🍻

Really satisfied Adam. 

These pics are from last year shortly after chatting with yourself.

I have not cleared the gazebo (purchased especially to house it so it is protected and can be used all year round) yet, so I hope I have not jinx anything here, as I had a lot of building work going on and the gazebo was gradually filled with various materials.... 

I hope to have it uncovered in the next few days and 'prey' nothing has knocked it's shell 😵 👌

• 9 months later...