Hey! Rob from Coventry excited to start smoking!

Rob w

Following some reviews of the callow smoker that i shall be getting for Christmas, I have joined this group. I'm a chef (not a top one) always keen to try new things and smoking has been on my list to do, very excited to start smoking! I have already picked up some key information from here already!

Hi Rob - Welcome to the forum.

It is great that you have decided to start on your smoking journey and and we will give you all the help we can. It is fun to cook for the family but I know some chefs also use their smokers to create some distinctive touches for their menus. Do you know what you will be wanting to try smoking first?

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

my plan is to start of smoking hot and cold as a hobby then when i gain more experience hopefully progress it into the restaurant.

hopefully if i can get recourses together by new year i will start off simple with some ribs and chicken wings for NYE party with the the other half and kids.

a tailgate sounds very up my street! presume copious amounts of beer are involved, i will have to get a homebrew going for it!

i feel this forum will be excellent to help me progress trough my journey into the art of smoking.

If you have not included a twin probe digital thermometer in your Christmas list you may want to add it to your New Year's wish list. All of the low-and-slow cooking relies on good temperature control and so a thermometer is essential. One that you can check at a distance makes it easier. If you already have one that is great. If not let us know and we can suggest some tried and tested inexpensive ones for you.