Turkey drumstick in dry chilli rub

Justin

Brined in 50 50 larger and water up to 4.4 litres Salt 150g sugar 250g for 2 hours refrigerated  then rinsed under tap and patted dry. Discard brine

Rub 1 tablespoon chilli powder. 1/2 tsp garlic granules 1/2 ground cumin 1/2 dried oregano.

Smoke over mesquite at 95 to 130c super low. I am using wsm with water smatfire and pellet tube which is on second shelf. Drumstick is on top shelf.

Should take 3 to 4 hours to hit 82c in thighest part of drumstick. I am doing put at 110c .

Will see how it turns out. Nothing to lose as the drumstick cost £1.25 in Tesco half price.

20201006_142303.thumb.jpg.0cc4f042c30cb8053e83d6f095a62e77.jpg

Ok. 8 hours in 76.4. Target 82. Maybe before bedtime......was supposed to be 3 hours.I have kept it around 95c to 110c what with the weather.  Lots and lots of smoke earlier.going to be powerful once finished. Looks like we will have it cold. Better if warm but such it is. No fuss. Smartfire has been rock solid in its performance.