Meat!

Elecrafter

Just cut up and vac packed 11kg of meat for the freezer.  More sausages on the way. Thinking of smoking some sausages this time as didn't have a smoker before!

Got some nice Beef Rump Ends from Bookers. See how they turn out too. Not a lot cheaper than Tesco, but comes in big lumps, and usually pretty good quality.

Inkbird IBT-2X turned up this morning. so another item to throw in my box of bits.

Also realised I can use my old ammunition can for storing Bradley bisquettes, as its airtight. Haven't used it for 20 years, and kept it just in case it would be useful. Now it is.

I'm getting there, a little at a time!

Ele.

• Like 1

I got a whole Shoulder 4.4kgs for the sausages. Saw the Beef Rump tails, and not had them before so got some to try out.

OK, so what do you do with yours? recipe / instructions please, as it might save me some time and effort, or wasted meat. Yes was £31 for 4kgs. £7.49 /Kg

Can still use the beef for sausages though. Just a bit expensive!

Ele.

You can smoke a rump tail follow any tri-tip video for cooking times, I also use the tails in any beef recipe I do. I cut into small chunks when making beef stifado, also any beef & ale pies, beef & onion pies, it's very tender meat, when I brown it first I always use butter, but only cook for a few minutes or you will overcook and make it tough.

Any slow cook recipe for casseroles this meat is the best....I am going to make some pork & beef sausages and will use maybe 500gms off a tail in the recipe.

As you will see the tails are all meat no fat, so you have to be careful not to let it dry out while cooking..let us know how you get on..👍

Ice.

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 1