First cook - Beef Chuck roast

Anth2591

First cook on the Frontier today. Had a test run when it arrived last week and after a few hours, tweaking here and there, I felt happy enough with doing a cook on it today. Was going to be a spatchcocked chicken, but a change plan, the missus decided 😂 and it was the chuck roast instead!

Set away and temps settled at 227 - 234F after about 45 minutes, a few vent tweaks through the cook, mainly the top one and after 2 hours the temp settled around 232F and stayed there for most of the 8hrs it was on for! Unsure if this is normal timing for this type of cut, as I’ve never cooked it before? Meat was tender, juicy and pulled apart easily when it came around to eating time, so assuming it was.

Crusty buns, Pulled Beef, Homemade BBQ sauce and a few beers! Doesn’t get any better👍🏻

C292805E-A9C8-4247-9412-DDF19907CBC7.jpeg

B3616FEB-648D-449E-B790-6140494B523A.jpeg

13560F58-E6E1-484F-B2FC-210B5302CD84.jpeg

• Like 1

Food looks great and the ProQ was performing as it should, great stuff. Depends on your Butcher, but Chuck Roast is usually unsliced Braising Steak and does need that sort of time to cook, I love cooking outdoors with it

Edited by sotv

4 hours ago, sotv said:

Food looks great and the ProQ was performing as it should, great stuff. Depends on your Butcher, but Chuck Roast is usually unsliced Braising Steak and does need that sort of time to cook, I love cooking outdoors with it

Yeah that’s what they said in the butchers. Couldn’t fault it tbh, I was abit worried it might have dried out or been too fatty but neither were a problem! Got a honey and mustard glazed ham to do for Sunday so looking forward to that 👌🏻