Jump to content

Good morning from Sidcup!


Walt
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone.  I've already found out a lot in the few days since I registered.

I've spent 33 years in the US but am now back part time in UK.

I've only ever used a Weber Smokey Joe and a gas grill, but am looking forward to trying some bbq smoking.

I'm  glad I've  joined the forum.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

Hi everyone.  I've already found out a lot in the few days since I registered.

I've spent 33 years in the US but am now back part time in UK.

I've only ever used a Weber Smokey Joe and a gas grill, but am looking forward to trying some bbq smoking.

I'm  glad I've  joined the forum.

Hi Walt, welcome to the forum. I’m round the corner from you in Bexleyheath.

There is a BBQ ship in Sidcup called BBQ Barn which might be worth a look, or failing that Ruxley Manor garden centre usually has a good selection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, smash.  I'd  seen BBQ Barn was in Sidcup.  Good to know about Ruxley having supplies too.  

Decades ago now, I was one of the lucky ones (?!) to be sent to Bexleyheath School, so we're  as good as neighbours!  Afterwards, I headed north to Durham and then off to the US.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Walt said:

Thanks, smash.  I'd  seen BBQ Barn was in Sidcup.  Good to know about Ruxley having supplies too.  

Decades ago now, I was one of the lucky ones (?!) to be sent to Bexleyheath School, so we're  as good as neighbours!  Afterwards, I headed north to Durham and then off to the US.....

Hi Walt I don’t know that school maybe it’s now the academy? What made you go to the states? Did you enjoy your time there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, the academy. 

Had a couple of job offers, one in Newcastle and the other near Chicago, so I went to America.  Then it was just easier to stay.  Moved to Boston and then near San Francisco.

 

 

 

Thanks, smash.  I'd  seen BBQ Barn was in Sidcup.  Good to know about Ruxley having supplies too.  

Decades ago now, I was one of the lucky ones (?!) to be sent to Bexleyheath School, so we're  as good as neighbours!  Afterwards, I headed north to Durham and then off to the US.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Walt said:

Yes, the academy. 

Had a couple of job offers, one in Newcastle and the other near Chicago, so I went to America.  Then it was just easier to stay.  Moved to Boston and then near San Francisco.

 

 

 

Thanks, smash.  I'd  seen BBQ Barn was in Sidcup.  Good to know about Ruxley having supplies too.  

Decades ago now, I was one of the lucky ones (?!) to be sent to Bexleyheath School, so we're  as good as neighbours!  Afterwards, I headed north to Durham and then off to the US.....

I loved America, especially San Francisco. I suppose once you get that feeling to go home to England you have too 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...