Good morning from Sidcup!

Walt

Hi everyone.  I've already found out a lot in the few days since I registered.

I've spent 33 years in the US but am now back part time in UK.

I've only ever used a Weber Smokey Joe and a gas grill, but am looking forward to trying some bbq smoking.

I'm  glad I've  joined the forum.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

Hi everyone.  I've already found out a lot in the few days since I registered.

I've spent 33 years in the US but am now back part time in UK.

I've only ever used a Weber Smokey Joe and a gas grill, but am looking forward to trying some bbq smoking.

I'm  glad I've  joined the forum.

Hi Walt, welcome to the forum. I’m round the corner from you in Bexleyheath.

There is a BBQ ship in Sidcup called BBQ Barn which might be worth a look, or failing that Ruxley Manor garden centre usually has a good selection. 

Thanks, smash.  I'd  seen BBQ Barn was in Sidcup.  Good to know about Ruxley having supplies too.  

Decades ago now, I was one of the lucky ones (?!) to be sent to Bexleyheath School, so we're  as good as neighbours!  Afterwards, I headed north to Durham and then off to the US.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walt said:

Thanks, smash.  I'd  seen BBQ Barn was in Sidcup.  Good to know about Ruxley having supplies too.  

Decades ago now, I was one of the lucky ones (?!) to be sent to Bexleyheath School, so we're  as good as neighbours!  Afterwards, I headed north to Durham and then off to the US.....

Hi Walt I don’t know that school maybe it’s now the academy? What made you go to the states? Did you enjoy your time there?

Yes, the academy. 

Had a couple of job offers, one in Newcastle and the other near Chicago, so I went to America.  Then it was just easier to stay.  Moved to Boston and then near San Francisco.

18 hours ago, Walt said:

Yes, the academy. 

Had a couple of job offers, one in Newcastle and the other near Chicago, so I went to America.  Then it was just easier to stay.  Moved to Boston and then near San Francisco.

I loved America, especially San Francisco. I suppose once you get that feeling to go home to England you have too 😃