Used The Cast Iron GBS Sear Grate For The First Time

sotv

Rib eye and Sirloin, needs some practice at design searing marks 😀 Thought it works better than the stainless steel supplied GBS Grate, no sticking, grate held temperature well, cleaned up easily as well. Hefty bit of kit.

IMG_0379.thumb.JPG.0d2699ba7c12e43487fa48ce6176e9fb.JPG

Not the best photo, my wife likes her sirloin steak well done, but shows the caramalisation on the surface hopefully from the butter over it ((get a nice flame kiss from the flavoriser bars as well)) and the finished sear marks

IMG_0383.thumb.JPG.6d6a6b334e298e770e99ad99ed4c04ea.JPG

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sotv said:

my wife likes her sirloin steak well done

Why not just have Chicken :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius: Nah to each their own. My Dad always eats his steak well done due to Gastro issues.  A "Grate" way of getting the cross hatching marks without halving to rotate etc. 

And if SWMBO is happy then you usually get to :th_INGardenbbq7: more often. 

Edited by hoogl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hoogl said:

Why not just have Chicken :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius: Nah to each their own. My Dad always eats his steak well done due to Gastro issues.  A "Grate" way of getting the cross hatching marks without halving to rotate etc. 

And if SWMBO is happy then you usually get to :th_INGardenbbq7: more often. 

My wife is much preferring the finished food on the Smokefire, get to cook on it  2-3 times a week at the moment

• Like 1