WSM price

ChrisH

Hi all, 

After doing lots and lots of research over the past couple of weeks I think I have settled on a bullet style smoker and have just seen a WSM 47cm model online for £314 delivered with cover included.  Will the 47 cm be big enough for brisket etc as I know they do a bigger model and does this seem a good deal?  I know they are normally cheaper in the winter so not sure whether to wait a continue this summer with the kettle.... Its so hard to decide. 😱🤪

You should be able to fit a 5-6kg brisket in, one of the ways to do it is lay it over a stainless steel bowl (or even a foiled brick) etc placed on the top grate so it takes advantage of the dome lid and bends over the side of the ss bowl or whatever you have used. Once it has shrunk enough you can then just lay it flat on the grate and finish as normal. Just watch the ends of the brisket don't touch the walls of the WSM as they can get hotter than the rest of the WSM and burn the ends of your brisket.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Will the 47 cm be big enough for brisket etc as I know they do a bigger model and does this seem a good deal?  I know they are normally cheaper in the winter so not sure whether to wait a continue this summer with the kettle.... Its so hard to decide. 😱🤪

It depends on how much brisket you want to cook at any one time. You don't need to cook a full packer brisket every time (in fact very few of us do) so you choose the size of brisket that fits your smoker. 5-6 Kg of brisket is A LOT of meat !@#

• Like 1