pulled pork

AdamG

Yeah I have a temp controller, I just used applewood for smoking but the smoke was really subtle. Will use more next time to bring more smokey flavour to it. Apart from that i was quite pleased with the resultπŸ˜€.

Pictures dont look as good as your lamb thoughπŸ‘πŸ˜‹

Oh I don't know looks good to me.

I ve got to say though once I got my flame boss my cooks have improved 100% second best thing I bough after the Egg. I've not done a brisket yet but I would be confident of it turning out well wile using the controller. Also it's a big piece of meat to cook on lock down for four😁

haha yes, beef butties all week for everyone!

I want to try beef brisket one day....but I dont want to end up with shoe leatherπŸ€”Β 

The temp controllers are a great bit of kit, opens up the option for overnight cooks which I love doingΒ πŸ™‚

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled pork looking good there @AdamG! I was planning on brisket for a first kamado cook but based on the post above it sounds like that might be a bit ambitious?! Done my reading etc but no substitute for xp!

On 4/13/2020 at 6:39 PM, AdamG said:

I want to try beef brisket one day....but I dont want to end up with shoe leatherπŸ€”Β 

Might be worth going for a bit of pork belly then I guess if there's a big risk of the brisket turning out bad... looking at Β£60 for the beef I was going to buy so might be better off with an easier cook to start with πŸ€”

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WispyWales said:

Pulled pork looking good there @AdamG! I was planning on brisket for a first kamado cook but based on the post above it sounds like that might be a bit ambitious?! Done my reading etc but no substitute for xp!

Might be worth going for a bit of pork belly then I guess if there's a big risk of the brisket turning out bad... looking at Β£60 for the beef I was going to buy so might be better off with an easier cook to start with πŸ€”

Ambitious for me! but you might be fine for your first cookπŸ‘

I read somewhere that you ideally need to get your temp control really good and figure out your own grills habits before attempting it....i took that advice and now i feel ready to take on the challenge😁 

Β 

• Like 1

AsΒ :yeahthat:Β Β it’s very ambitious if you have not cooked anything on it yet and mastered the temperature control.

I know, it’s like a kid in a sweet shop, but it is really important to get to know how it operates, before diving straight in. You see lots of people buying kit going in head first, ruining £££’s of meat then giving up!Β 
Β 

There is a Saying KISS (keep it simple stupid) I would go as I recommend to everyone with a Chicken, a few quid is not the end of the world if it doesn’t turn out good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

AsΒ :yeahthat:Β Β it’s very ambitious if you have not cooked anything on it yet and mastered the temperature control.

I know, it’s like a kid in a sweet shop, but it is really important to get to know how it operates, before diving straight in. You see lots of people buying kit going in head first, ruining £££’s of meat then giving up!Β 
Β 

There is a Saying KISS (keep it simple stupid) I would go as I recommend to everyone with a Chicken, a few quid is not the end of the world if it doesn’t turn out good.

some great advice.....but now you got me thinking...."am I really ready?!?"πŸ€”Β 

Never done one so I dont fully understand just how hard it isπŸ‘

Cheers guys, really appreciate the steers! Looks like chicken for a first go then, hopefully with all this lockdown biz I should be able to get my cooks in pretty regularly (read as: every day πŸ˜‚)

Is it worth getting one of those ceramic chicken stand things? I've read that spatchcock is the best way to go for a chicken, never done that before but doesn't sound difficult!

Just spotted there's a home brew forum on here too... planning to bottle some homemade cider this evening, my first batch using fresh cold-pressed Russet apple juice instead of AJ from concentrate - will post up some pics if I remember 🍏πŸ₯ƒ

Β 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WispyWales said:

Cheers guys, really appreciate the steers! Looks like chicken for a first go then, hopefully with all this lockdown biz I should be able to get my cooks in pretty regularly (read as: every day πŸ˜‚)

Is it worth getting one of those ceramic chicken stand things? I've read that spatchcock is the best way to go for a chicken, never done that before but doesn't sound difficult!

Just spotted there's a home brew forum on here too... planning to bottle some homemade cider this evening, my first batch using fresh cold-pressed Russet apple juice instead of AJ from concentrate - will post up some pics if I remember 🍏πŸ₯ƒ

Β 

sounds great! put some aside for a pulled pork spray or injectionπŸ€€πŸ˜‹ and dont forget the picsπŸ‘