Outdoor cooking

pittmab

Hey all, a belated happy new year.

As we have been blessed with some pretty good weather for the last week or so and with a new kitchen currently being fitted, I seized the opportunity to get outside and cook as much as I could.

I wasn't planning on posting any of these cooks so sadly haven't got any pictures! 

It has been so much fun just to be outside and cook. Yesterday was by far the best day, cooking multiple things on the kamado, on one chimney of charcoal (there's still some left) at various temperatures.

First off, I roasted a chicken, deflector plate in, cooked at between 180-200. I then removed the deflector and cranked the temp up to around 250-300 and cooked some Chicken tikka skewers that had been marinated overnight. Meanwhile I got the portable induction hob out and started off a curry sauce. 

Once the skewers were done, deflector plate back in, closed the vents down and finished the curry off in the Dutch oven for an hour or so. 

Have also done burger and chips, a simple chicken cassoulet, pizzas and some steaks.

I don't have an undercover space so the good weather has been a welcome relief from all the rain!!! 

This has absolutely renewed my passion for outdoor cooking and BBQ in general, here's to many, many more cooks this year and beyond!!!

• Like 2

Glad to see you started the bbq year with a great start, I'm hoping to get my first cook of the year in this weekend😁

Hopefully this year I will be able to sort out some shelter for the bbq.

My aim for this year is to get more low n slow cooks in, last year was mostly roasting, stewing and hot and fast cooks.

• Like 2