Hello from Yorkshire

Jon Fisher

Once again Jon, welcome to the forum. 

Sounds interesting what you are doing.

Please add your company to the Meat Suppliers map, if you have a logo add this first the text,

You have come to the forum at the right time, November we will be starting 30 days of Cold Smoking, including equipment, methods and recipes 

Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.

What type of Weber are you getting? Also charcoal or gas? The Webers are a good choice to start with as they are very versatile. Do you know yet what you want to start smoking? we should be able to help you get off to a flying start :thumb1:

I think I'm going to go for the MT on charcoal, I shoot a lot of game most of which is Venison so that's what I'm looking to do most of all. if someone can point me in the direction of a good traditional charcoal supplier in the Yorkshire area then I'd be more than grateful.

looking forward to sharing and learning new ideas

The Master-Touch is a good smoker to begin with. If you are planning on smoking larger joints of venison you may like to look at the Weber Smoky Mountain or the ProQ Frontier. A little more expensive but you may find it more versatile for hot/cold smoking in quantity.