D'oh!... Ran out of gas mid-cook

Guitarbloke

Arrgh! 2 hours into smoking my rack of beef ribs, I ran out of gas, and at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon 🙄😭  Finishing off in the oven now,  but it won't be the same.

I can't wait to make the jump to charcoal,  I have a ProQ Frontier on order and a shed full of briquettes, so hopefully this will be a thing of the past!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hoogl said:

That's a nightmare. Could you have fashioned a make shift charcoal basket or something and finished cook that way? 

Dammit, didn't even cross my mind!  I just panicked and ran for the oven 🙈

Gave it another 2.5 hours in the oven at 130C and just about managed to salvage it!  Unfortunately I couldn't get a good bark on them, but they tasted pretty good for a near-disaster!

Think I may have overestimated just how many ribs I needed though - there's no way I could eat all 4!  I was stuffed after 2 of them!  Looks like it's ribs for dinner tomorrow as well (and maybe Tuesday too!) 😂

Pic attached of the final result (Mrs Guitarbloke thought I should put something in the picture for scale, and the lighter was the first thing I found in my bbq drawer!!)

20190630_193954.jpg

Edited by Guitarbloke