Heat Beads

OrbandBullet

Hi.

As an avid user of Heat Beads (Original) for quite a few years, I was wondering if there is anyone here "in-the-know" who knows if we'll see any of the other Heat Beads fuel products for sale in the UK? I like the look of their cocoshell & hardwood briquettes. I'd give the hardwood lump a try also.

https://heatbeads.com.au/products/

I have contacted Hilton Banks who are sole distributors of Heat Beads into the UK and have asked the question.  I have also contacted Apix Consumers in Denmark, who are the Heat Beads distributors there, and asked who in Denmark/Mainland Europe are stocking other Heat Beads fuels.

Any news I'll update here.

Must dash, got to prep a 5lb crackling pork joint to slow roast on the Orb later.

Cheers,

O&B

Edited by OrbandBullet

BryceRodriguez

"Why I think that you are here for just pasting your site link" :police2::spam1:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And which of the three links is my site link? The UK one? The Danish one? The Australian one? All three?

Sorry to disappoint you @BryceRodriguez, but I have no affiliation whatsoever with any of the company's that I linked.  Do you have any irrefutable proof to the contrary? No, I didn't think so!  And I take exception to your unfounded accusation.

If I had been affiliated with any of them then I would have been up front from the start and stated as such. Why? (1) Out of courtesy to the forum. (2) To avoid any ambiguity. In fact I would have contacted Admin prior to posting to enquire whether I was breaking any forum rules by "self-promoting". But that's a moot point because I wasn't.

Heat Beads have been discussed on this forum to the nth degree and back, & many external links have been posted where to purchase said product. Have all those posters been spamming?

If Admin feel that I've transgressed any forum rules, by posting external links, please accept my apologies.

Edited by OrbandBullet

At the risk of pilling on to you @BryceRodriguez you've criticised two members now for spamming etc yet have actively engaged with a Kamado maker that has only posted once in what is clearly an advert and if it's with the mods permission then thats cool as it would be great to have some manufacturers discuss products/ideas with us, maybe even offer a discount if they feel inclined 😁

What I usually do if I feel a post isn't appropriate is report it so the mods can review it, let them make their decision and that way you don't upset some genuine forum users because we are all here to enjoy BBQ and share recipes, ideas and help each other. :th_INGardenbbq7:

• Like 2

On 5/13/2023 at 4:05 PM, AdamG said:

Personally I have never seen heat beads for sale so I have never tried them, I may have to try the lumpwood if I come across it. Heard very good things about heat beads in general👍

Adam,

Personally I cannot see past Heat Beads for low & slow. (And I've tried quite a few types of briqs). After about an hour after start up I can literally walk away and let the Bullet do its thing. Having an extended fire-basket also helps hugely for a long, stress-free cook. HB are so consistent, & I've got so used to using them as easily as I use the oven in my kitchen. I know there are many out there that use different briqs and get the same great results I get with HB. HB are just my preference. I'm also a fan of cocoshell briqs for low and slow. About a fiver more for a 10kg box than Heat beads, but I highly recommend them.

I use HB for all my indirect cooking, three or four times a week. But hardly ever use them for a grilling sesh, where I'll use either binchotan or robot turds. I'll set up fire-bricks in the kettle for grilling skewers hibachi-style, or quick steaks, chops, burgers etc. on the grate. I don't really do that much hot 'n' fast grilling.

Edited by OrbandBullet
  • Like 1

Thanks @OrbandBullet, that certainly echoes what others have said about HB. I only have a kamado now so Lumpwood is all I use. But I used to use briquettes on my old offset and the difference between brands is quite astonishing.

Im toying with the idea of picking up a secondary grill sometime in the future which would be using briquettes. If I do then I will certainly try and source HB from somewhere. 👍

Lately I have not been doing very much low n slow cooks due to jobs round the house and I have been doing faster cooks and grilling more often...need to change that haha🍻

Edited by AdamG
  • Like 1

I have received an email from one of the company's that I linked in the first post. (I won't say who in case I get accused again of spamming).

The email stated that they would like to introduce HB lump & HB charcoal briqs in the UK, possibly in 2024. With regards to the HB cocoshell there appears to be some kind of rights issue, (I don't know any details), and it doesn't look like they'll be available in the UK.

image.jpeg.05b2a9b5541fe23fd5b2ba3a224efe4b.jpeg  image.jpeg.40e550667e5d37102f846e8076533d25.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Funnily enough I was buying some more charcoal n wood pellets last night, got my regular lump wood for the mini kamado and bbq, and some original heat beads to try as I'd heard good things along with a new to me wood pellet to try on the ooni. Got em from "bbqexperts" for delivery in UK.