Outback Meteor 6-Burner Gas BBQ

Don't get this BBQ!!!

100% Trust me.... I have this and bought it last year and I regret it every second I use it! Well I have the Saturn 6 burner but it's the same thing.

I keep it clean regularly, well looked after and always covered during winter/bad weather and it's not held up well at all.

The flame tamers rust and have all fallen off, all of which I had to get replacements for and was then told they are classed as consumable items... so they know it's a fault by design however it's not listed as such!

It's rusted all over the shop.

The burners have all started corroding.

On low flames they always blow out and then on re ignition sound like a crappy jet engine, I then have to turn them all off and back on again so you can;t cook low or keep food on a low heat, which was annoying when say doing a spatchcock chicken.

The drip tray is only removed from behind the BBQ so if placed as most people do against a wall/fence and such you have to move it every time for cleaning and it does not even run off the fat into the smaller tray either.

The tray has also rusted and stained very badly granted it's a fat try but I think it's just steel, not stainless and not really designed for the best fat collection as it's terrible to clean even with premium products.

The side burner on mine never lights without a manual lighter even though the igniter is hitting the gas ring every time so I don't think it gets enough gas flow maybe?

It's badly designed for cleaning once grills are removed and has lots of nooks that fat and foot particles get into so it's so so hard to clean.

I'd 100% save your money and go for a more premium bbq either a weber or I previously owned a broil king which is now my fire pit... so bbq/fire pit age combines is 9 years maybe and not one single bit of rust on that bad boy!!

So yeah you get the idea... it's a hunk of junk that I hugely regret and it's very badly designed and personally unfit to be a bbq.

Cheers,

Neil

7 minutes ago, Gloverfoodlover said:

Don't get this BBQ!!!

100% Trust me.... I have this and bought it last year and I regret it every second I use it! Well I have the Saturn 6 burner but it's the same thing.

I keep it clean regularly, well looked after and always covered during winter/bad weather and it's not held up well at all.

The flame tamers rust and have all fallen off, all of which I had to get replacements for and was then told they are classed as consumable items... so they know it's a fault by design however it's not listed as such!

It's rusted all over the shop.

The burners have all started corroding.

On low flames they always blow out and then on re ignition sound like a crappy jet engine, I then have to turn them all off and back on again so you can;t cook low or keep food on a low heat, which was annoying when say doing a spatchcock chicken.

The drip tray is only removed from behind the BBQ so if placed as most people do against a wall/fence and such you have to move it every time for cleaning and it does not even run off the fat into the smaller tray either.

The tray has also rusted and stained very badly granted it's a fat try but I think it's just steel, not stainless and not really designed for the best fat collection as it's terrible to clean even with premium products.

The side burner on mine never lights without a manual lighter even though the igniter is hitting the gas ring every time so I don't think it gets enough gas flow maybe?

It's badly designed for cleaning once grills are removed and has lots of nooks that fat and foot particles get into so it's so so hard to clean.

I'd 100% save your money and go for a more premium bbq either a weber or I previously owned a broil king which is now my fire pit... so bbq/fire pit age combines is 9 years maybe and not one single bit of rust on that bad boy!!

So yeah you get the idea... it's a hunk of junk that I hugely regret and it's very badly designed and personally unfit to be a bbq.

Cheers,

Neil

Thanks for the advice . Are you talking about the Uniflame BBQ or the outback. The outback comes with Lava rock and cast iron burners.

The Outback... I've learnt you get what you pay for when it comes to BBQ's unfortunately hence why I am now saving up for a Weber gas one!

I don't think it's going to last more than maybe 4 years total and that's with me actually looking after it, which sucks as it was a few hundred pounds if not a little more from memory.

My advice would be to steer clear of Outback if you actually want to enjoy BBQing and have a lasting product.

18 minutes ago, Gloverfoodlover said:

The Outback... I've learnt you get what you pay for when it comes to BBQ's unfortunately hence why I am now saving up for a Weber gas one!

I don't think it's going to last more than maybe 4 years total and that's with me actually looking after it, which sucks as it was a few hundred pounds if not a little more from memory.

My advice would be to steer clear of Outback if you actually want to enjoy BBQing and have a lasting product.

Yeah £450 is a lot to pay for a BBQ, Weber I think you are paying extra for the name too. Cant part over £1000 for a BBQ although I did just about for my GMG

Outback also offer the lava rock that most BBQs dont come with and have to convert.

Yeah I know what you mean, for me personally I bbq and entertain a lot so I what I bought I thought would be great but it's slowly started falling apart so it's not worth at all what they charge and I paid.

My broil king however I can fully recommend and give the choice I'd go back now and get a 6 burner version of that , maybe some of the guys on here can suggest other alternative brands that they've had or use!

I got my Weber smoky mountain from Riverside garden center online and they were great, delivery next day as well and offered me a slight discount for buying several other consumables at the same time, so they may be worth a look?

• 1 year later...