What's In Your Homemade Rub!

Do you make your own rubs? I have finally settled on a Rub that I use for Pork Ribs and Pulled Pork. Always enjoyed this one, but felt it was lacking just slightly, but tried a herb I hadn't tried in it before, this year and I think it has produced a decent flavoursome finish to the rub and works well with the finished meat alongside the smoke. That ingredient being Ground Coriander.

My Pork Rub consists of

2 Tbsp Molasses Sugar

2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar

2 Tbsp Kosher Salt

1 Tbsp La Chinita Smoked Paprika

1 tsp Onion Granules

1 tsp Ground Coriander

1 tsp Ground Black Peppercorns

1 tsp Garlic Granules

1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (If you like spicy can use chilli flakes instead suited to your taste)

I lightly coat the outside of  the pork shoulder or both sizes of the Ribs in Heinz Honey Squeezy Yellow Mustard first  (no finished strong aftertaste like English mustard and the rub sticks to it well)  I then sieve the mix over the ribs or shoulder (Ribs 2 hours before smoking, shoulder overnight). This is enough to do 1.5 - 2kg of Pork shoulder and 2-3 racks of ribs depending on the size of them.

Be interested to see what other homemade rubs people use for their different meats, if they are willing to share, as I always like to experiment and adapt.