Protecting Temperature cables in the smoker

Skagg2000

I'd got fed up with having to spend over the odds for replacement braided cables for my various blowers, thermometers etc. They kept failing due to heat surges. I noticed that with my bullet smokers it was the entry point into the smoker where the heat was causing them to fail I presume the heat travelling up the side of the bullet without any baffle as such was the problem. In the centre behind the water / sand pan all was fine. I'd seen that some people used foil to protect the cable at this entry point, but I found that was a bit of a faff & the foil had a tendency to move during the cook. I turned to the internet for a better solution. Heat resistant sheath was in my head, I found THIS. In the 6mm size it can take a couple of cables & will fit into the grommet on the ProQ & Fornetto giving a secure fit & protecting the cables at there vulnerable points. I've not had a cable fail due to heat spikes since.

For £3 a metre it's worth having a length in your man cave.

Cheers n Gone Nick

• Like 2