Charcoal size

Rob

Hey guys,

I just got my order of Green Olive Charcoal (first time with charcoal)as uve seen it recommended time and again.

It seems a little on the small size to me.

Is this what I should be expecting? It's all the same size right through the bag and a lot of it actually smaller.

IMG-20190908-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190908-WA0000.jpg

The bags do tend to vary. I picked up a dozen 15KG bags in the week & i can tell from the way they feel that some have larger & some have smaller bits in . In general though they should have a reasonable select of lumps ij them.

I was breaking lumps down into smaller pieces yesterday from an Olive wood bag.

Was this the 9 or 15 KG bag? I think the  9 does tend to have smaller pieces as I think its more for retail BBQ'ing if that makes sense.

The 15 bags are more like the Kamado Big Block red bags i find.

Cheers n Gone Nick

18 minutes ago, Skagg2000 said:

The bags do tend to vary. I picked up a dozen 15KG bags in the week & i can tell from the way they feel that some have larger & some have smaller bits in . In general though they should have a reasonable select of lumps ij them.

I was breaking lumps down into smaller pieces yesterday from an Olive wood bag.

Was this the 9 or 15 KG bag? I think the  9 does tend to have smaller pieces as I think its more for retail BBQ'ing if that makes sense.

The 15 bags are more like the Kamado Big Block red bags i find.

Cheers n Gone Nick

Cheers Nick, 

It was the 3x8kg bags. I will try out those 15 ones for comparison though. I'm using it as I write and it's fine. To be honest I expected to find it more difficult to control than briquettes but it sits pretty solid at temp and quite adjustable. Got some lamb on and looking forward to see how it tastes. Already smells way better than briquettes I was using. It lit in the chimney super fast with very little smoke.