Wayne's rub on chicken? And a traditional BBQ salt and sugar rub

HeyBertHeyErnie

My son has come out in chickenpox this morning so our friends aren't coming as their son hasn't had it. I've chucked one in the freezer, and had a weird experience with the other. I couldn't be bothered to get the BBQ out the garage for one chicken with no guests so I just chucked it (1.75kg) in a fan oven at 120c, in the bag, and set a timer for two hours to check it. My son asked what the thermometer was for after an hour and a half so I thought "why not?" and let him check temps, it's bloody cooked! I've stabbed it half to death, everywhere, it's 65deg C throughout. 

Does anyone have any thoughts? I read something this morning getting ready for my smoke session, but I would never dream it possible to cook a chicken at 120C for an hour and 20 minutes and it be done. It was in a bag and rubbed for a couple of days, perhaps it steamed itself? Just thought actually, I bet my oven thermostat is miles out. I'm not deleting this now I've written it all, you can all have a laugh at my confusion 😁