Pot roast going down

negolien

Soooo,

I was gonna do two chucks on the grill for pot roast.. After opening the chucks I saw so much fat and silver skin it made it impossible to grill after trimming. The meat was also super loose. I don't know maybe I was too drunk /shrug and I was ocd but I just couldn't let all that silver skin and fat slide. I cubed some and left some in larger strips. I browned in my wok and threw it all in the slow cooker. baby carrots, red potatoes and an onion. I also had an issue with my broth. I got the boxed one and when I opened the top the pull tab was already off it. Did the lid do it or was it already opened. I mean who wants to take that chance it's been in my cup boards for a couple months lol. Sigh, Oh well the crock pot will save the day. Here's the seasoning I used. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TMQSGSS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

pot roast 1.jpg

pot roast 2.jpg

pot roast 3.jpg

Edited by negolien

Finished... Overcooked a little and it looks like a mess but it's pretty good. I hate hard veggies so I tend to run my pot roast and stews longer than most do probably. I separated the big strips of meat from the smaller cubes and veggies. I made corn bread, and I am just now putting an apple pie in. I will post those two together when the pies done.

pot roast 1.jpg

pot roast 2.jpg

pot roast 3.jpg