Hi all

doof205

Hi all, thought i'd post up a little hello. I found this forum after buying a cheap Lidl Kamado and I'm currently really enjoying learning to cook with it. I've also had a go at building a smoker out of an old whiskey cask which turned out OK but does have it's problems. As with all these things it's nice to have options and currently the efficiency and novelty of the new kamado is winning me over.

A few photos of my recent activities:

Second attempt with the Lidl Kamado.  A spiced lamb shoulder. After cooking for maybe 6 hours it was still very pink inside and really didn't seem to be cooked very well. Disappointing results. I think I made the common mistake of not taking the lamb out of the fridge early enough. 

sSNXAvWNsIkKz_J1-SVVBkcpAh_aUA_HXxhTUZu_

Tonight's sirloin steaks. Cooked to perfection if i do say so myself. Love the versatility!

fXgR-noxolu7tNjoFT-W_qoBe8J2sBixTbBBWfx-

The whiskey case smoker - Really needs more insulation and some air controls. Maybe a lick of paint / varnish too but she works pretty well.

Y8WQioJdiOCOpHYage_WW-_0XpSNQcD4SThafJY2vlikXsi2GNlfvAFrxCNeFNPjQ4ueoWBy0sJadlYz

Cheers all

Lewis