Deal on salmon

Justin

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whole Salmon £5 a kg at Morrisons from the fish counter at the moment. Just picked a 3kg one up for just over £15. They filleted it and weighed each side for me (for curing amount) ended up just over 1kg a side after filleting. Going to do this recipe again. Really enjoyed it and hopefully after freezing some may still be left for xmas 😀

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 8:50 AM, sotv said:

The Morrisons £5 a kg for whole salmon back on offer again this week

Popped into my local one today, fishmonger said offer on till Xmas Eve. They had 3 lovely fresh looking ones on the ice at the front of counter today. Bright red blood around the gills and mouth and clear eyes. Looked very fresh

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 8:50 AM, sotv said:

The Morrisons £5 a kg for whole salmon back on offer again this week

Picked 2 sides up for xmas smoked salmon today just under a 1kg each after the fishmonger filleted them for under £14 a lovely colour to them. Chose a whole one from the ice counter so I could see the gills and eyes, to gauge freshness. But she had already done over 20 fish today as a very popular deal, to put on the shelf display, so people could pick them up, if they didn't want to wait for one to filleted whilst you shop. Definitely on till Xmas eve at £5 a kg, if stocks allow, if anyone looking for some, to do their own homemade fresh smoked salmon, over Xmas

3341764.jpg

Edited by sotv