Just started a Stilton.

Icefever

• 4 weeks later...

We decide on a cheese evening,  I could not wait any longer the suspense was killing me,  so I cut the Stilton!.  They say to leave it for 12 weeks,  but I thought what the hall if it ain't anything like a Stilton now it never will be. 

Well, what can I say???????????  IT's Fricking Out OF This World......... I cut the rest of the wheel into 8th as we only need a small piece when we have a cheese night.

Ice.

20190106_131639.jpg

20190106_131811.jpg

20190106_131823.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Icefever said:

We decide on a cheese evening,  I could not wait any longer the suspense was killing me,  so I cut the Stilton!.  They say to leave it for 12 weeks,  but I thought what the hall if it ain't anything like a Stilton now it never will be. 

Well, what can I say???????????  IT's Fricking Out OF This World......... I cut the rest of the wheel into 8th as we only need a small piece when we have a cheese night.

Ice.

20190106_131639.jpg

20190106_131811.jpg

20190106_131823.jpg

Wow , they looks great . Did you have to scrape some mold off or ? 

11 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

So pleased for you Ice, looks great and I am sure it tasted great!

Cheers,  Steve...it tastes creamy...it's just the right side of firmness,  and if I say so a lot better than the Stilton we had over chrimbo.   

Ice.

13 hours ago, Adman said:

That's fantastic! It appears to have a beautiful texture, unlike the crumbly stuff we had at Christmas.

I bet you can't wait to try the cheddar either.

Thanks,  Wade  I'm amazed at how well it turned out,  as I said earlier it's way better than the one we had over chrimbo.  The ones in the shops can easily be too old and past their best.

The Cheddar has a long way to go at the moment,  but I'm up for making more Stilton and have a go at other types.

Ice.

• Like 1