Smoking Salmon Commercially

Wade

1 minute ago, Wade said:

For traditional smoked salmon that would be unusual as they slice it into thin sheets of salmon ready for eating. Were you meaning that the salmon was sliced thinly after smoking?

Nope, I mean salmon piece into small pieces and prepare for eating. 

• 1 month later...

Sure thing, I have done it once but I am getting better, anytime you want. fix a date and I will see if I can make it.  I will bring my ceramic lamp with me. Anyone else want to join us?! Of course if you want to come to Braintree that is fine and you can double up with Michelle for some fish to take back and smoke, I have a spare room so it can smoke overnight (takes 20 -24 hours) get better first mate and then lets sort it out. Something for you to look forward to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

Sure thing, I have done it once but I am getting better, anytime you want. fix a date and I will see if I can make it.  I will bring my ceramic lamp with me. Anyone else want to join us?! Of course if you want to come to Braintree that is fine and you can double up with Michelle for some fish to take back and smoke, I have a spare room so it can smoke overnight (takes 20 -24 hours) get better first mate and then lets sort it out. Something for you to look forward to.

Sounds like a good plan 

OK come to Braintree, I put you up, few drinks and smoke some fish.and some cheese.   When you are feeling better. You fix date when you can and we shall get it sorted, cheers mate. You can see my Weber set up, nothing too sophisticated but but works.

Then maybe I come to yours second date int he future and you can show off your new kit you have just bought. I guess January,  I have setup now for smoking in the wsm in the cold, (thanks to tips from Wade and RuedeEglise)

Edited by Justin
  • Like 2

Mate you will be more than welcome. My house is quite small but it fronts onto a park. January i guess. It really  i geared to Spencer recovering from his ailments. We can do here first at my house then Spencers then Wades etc,  why not sounds like fun then. Come dine with me, the BBQ edition

• Haha 2

Well I never as they say...just turn your back for a day and everything happens. Yes I am near Bishops Stortford so we are all within reach. I am very busy with the pheasant shooting and the deer culling « season » at present. No I haven’t smoked pheasant as yet and have only had one bash at venison. But we will see.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ruedeleglise said:

Well I never as they say...just turn your back for a day and everything happens. Yes I am near Bishops Stortford so we are all within reach. I am very busy with the pheasant shooting and the deer culling « season » at present. No I haven’t smoked pheasant as yet and have only had one bash at venison. But we will see.

Thoroughly recommend it, if you do. I smoked a couple of pheasants a month ago and added a few photos and method here