UDS No2

Collected the drum yesterday as planned, looks the dogs doodars...can't wait to get on with it.

A couple of photos but you can't do much, a drums a drum and that's it..  ?   Nice and clean being new, nothing on it only a trace of machine oil....will get a couple of coats of primer on this week.

The 3rd photo is the roll top it's a work of art....and the lid is the same, so it makes a great fit as it snaps closed. 

Ice.

20180929_102353.jpg

20180929_102402.jpg

20180929_102426.jpg

20180929_102435.jpg

20180929_102453.jpg

• Like 1

I have seen some high temp that don't need a primer,  but "I don't want to spoil the ship for ha'porth tar".   A couple of can of primer won't break the bank, the only thing I'm worried about, would the primer react with the paint as it doesn't need it???

Ice.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:41 AM, Icefever said:

I have seen some high temp that don't need a primer,  but "I don't want to spoil the ship for ha'porth tar".   A couple of can of primer won't break the bank, the only thing I'm worried about, would the primer react with the paint as it doesn't need it???

Ice.

In all honesty it takes a good 3 or 4 cans of paint to properly cover the drum . There is a cheap seller on eBay . I didn’t use primer as I used the Matt green Bbq paint . And it said don’t use a primer 

3 hours ago, Raptor72 said:

I thought of powder coating but thought costs would be prohibitive 

You jut have to find a *coughs* friendly powder coater ;)

Helps if you choose a colour they tend to do a lot of other stuff in as well. Luckily a mate of mine wanted his wheels doing in a flat black so I got my UDS and Weber lid done. Turned out great.

IMG_20170617_133918.jpg

• Like 3

Make sure the lip is level first, mines a bolted piece of ally so it was easy'ish to bend and position with clamps then drill to its final spot.

Then to make sure I had a good seal I used the BBQ gasket stuff from lavalock. Makes a nice smoke free seal. The weight of the lid works a treat.

• Like 2