What size container for large quantities?

Sarah Duffy

1 minute ago, Sarah Duffy said:

Hmm ok. Any brands to avoid/aim for then? 

Think the Ziploc bags Justin used at the weekend are as good as you can get I have a vac sealer and found the bags from Aldi when they get them in are the only ones I've come across that can take the high temperature but who wants to eat veg ?

1 minute ago, Neil Craven said:

Think the Ziploc bags Justin used at the weekend are as good as you can get I have a vac sealer and found the bags from Aldi when they get them in are the only ones I've come across that can take the high temperature but who wants to eat veg ?

Meeeee! I love veg as do the kids. We go through tones of the stuff ? essentially I’ll probably still steam veg in pans and use sips vide for meat

3 minutes ago, Sarah Duffy said:

Meeeee! I love veg as do the kids. We go through tones of the stuff ? essentially I’ll probably still steam veg in pans and use sips vide for meat

?for lots of veg it's a complete faff trying to get it to lay flat and even so it all cooks the same stick with the steamer ? 

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

Sous vide is said to shine best on veg because no flavour is lost. 

Yes I’m thinking I’ll need to have a play. I only lightly steam so as not to loose to much. But could be good for making some saucy veg stuff without the need to stir, scrub pans etc. I usually use the air fryer for Mediterranean style veg now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neil Craven said:

?for lots of veg it's a complete faff trying to get it to lay flat and even so it all cooks the same stick with the steamer ? 

Yes I do tend to cookveg for two days so I’m not having to piss about daily. So a while brocolli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots etc may be easier to steam. Asparagus packed with butter in sous vide tho....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brinkman said:

I use a Lidl special, £24 when I bought it. Does it have a roll holder? No. How big width wise? 28mm which creates a standard size and you then make the length as long as you need.. Does it have a cutter built in? No. But I do have a nice pair of scissors! I even double bag with these but thats just me, meat and fish is expensive so why take a chance on your investment?

Vacuum Sealer, Food Vacuum Sealer,... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQJVXCX?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf