Brinkman

I was offered a collection of polycarbonate containers a few days ago, they were free by the way, went along to a pub that had been sold for redevelopment and there they were ready for me to either take away or be thrown into the skip! I collected the one that I had been contacted about, a very nice 18ltr clear one with lid that had a hole in one end for a wand, I'm hoping my new wand will fit, if not I'll make it, very gratefully I snuffled it up and packed it away before anybody changed their mind along with some very nice stainless steel trays and tanks. I then spent some time looking at a whole bunch of other polycarbonate containers and lids which I could have taken away, but they were all a pale yellow colour, I thought 'they look the worse for wear' and so left them to go into the skip! I've since learned, too late, that they actually come in that colour? Thats how they are sold from new? If only I had known, I've had a look on line and I think I turned down the chance of at least £300+ selling them on a well known auction site! ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Icefever said:

The fickle finger of fate strikes again....t9202.gif

Can't believe I didn't research! They looked as if the plastic had gone brittle? How was I supposed to know? Oh well they've gone so get over it and move on.? 

Edited by Brinkman

19 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I think I missed a ,  I asked if the plastic tank was just what you wanted???   as we say where I come from..."did it fit the bill""??  I know it's an accent thing...:thumb1:

It was the 'did it fit the wade' I was confused with! As I have never met Wade I was wondering if he was a Leprechaun or something!? I've read all them Shakespeare books so have no issues with accents! I can even understand people in Dudley and the Black Country.? Now to answer your question, yes its the perfect size, 18ltr is great for four bodies or a couple of chickens or a fair size hunk of flat brisket. Will the lid fit the Wancle? Not sure about that as I still await delivery but if not it will by the time I'm done with it cocker....

images.jpeg

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Brinkman said:

It was the 'did it fit the wade' I was confused with! As I have never met Wade I was wondering if he was a Leprechaun or something!? I've read all them Shakespeare books so have no issues with accents! I can even understand people in Dudley and the Black Country.? 

The Dartford accent is particularly broad and is unintelligible to all but us true natives 

11 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

Is that the limited edition bumblebee yellow ? 

They were that yellow colour that those flat toffee's are wrapped in when you buy a tin of Quality Street at Christmas! You have no idea how bloody miffed I am that I walked away from the damn things? I may never get the chance at them ever again! Though with the number of pubs shutting down every week who knows? 

Edited by Brinkman
Rubbermaid