Smoke On The Water Judging Course

Smokin Monkey

It is a fun course and a fun weekend.

The camping there is quite basic though so I will be staying at a local hotel. OK! I know it is not the same and that I will have to suffer having both a soft bed and a hot shower, but I am prepared to take one for the team ?

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, Glenn said:

This time next week we'll be on-site.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

We're already down here camping this week leading up to next weekend. Thought we'd come down now and have a weeks rest before, then move on Fri to the farm.

Ice.

• Like 3

Course was fun. Very glad I signed up. Well presented.

Attendees are excellent too.

Sat in the sunshine talking with Wade and IceFever, plus the super lovely IceIceLady.

Surrounded by wood smoke and laughter.

Weekends don't get much better than this!

Edited by Glenn
Update
  • Like 6

Just got back from Smoke on the Water,  what an eye-opener, met up with @Glenn & @Wade on the Friday,  Big disappointed that @Mick   could not make it due to a slipped disc, (hope your felling better mate).

After setting up the camper we joined most folks and sampled Nic's tarragon chicken,  out of this world,  we asked for the recipe,  fingers crossed.....after a few beers we turned in around 11pm.  On Sat we got stuck into the judges course, the first 30 mins or so is a run down on how KCBS started,  then you get into the rules & regs....after a short break we did a test run.

One of the team guys cooked up dishes that had faults which we had to spot, we scored the boxes, asked questions and finished up around 3.30 pm having all of us become CBJ's.

Today we did it for real, we were the judges, tasting brilliant boxes of chicken, ribs, pork, & brisket.  It was down to us what we thought about what was in front of us and how we scored.

Rosie was on the in-take table, she enjoyed it to the point where she wants to do the course next year....if anyone out there was thinking about do this course...do it..you won't be disappointed....I've even filled a request to judge at next years Brew-N-Q.

Ice.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wade said:

Watch out for other competitions too. Often you find there is a course attached to it.

If,  you come across one please point it out to us...

I  registered on the Brew-N-Q site and filled in the judges slip and got a reply in about 15 mins yesterday evening from Scott Lane asking if I would be interested in judging at the Invitational on the Saturday as well as the Sunday...needless to say I agreed.

Ice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

I  registered on the Brew-N-Q site and filled in the judges slip and got a reply in about 15 mins yesterday evening from Scott Lane asking if I would be interested in judging at the Invitational on the Saturday as well as the Sunday...needless to say I agreed.

I am registered for both days too :thumb1:

Brew'n'Q judging registration can be found here

http://brewnq.co.uk/judges-registration-for-open-competition/

• Like 1