Today I will mostly be cooking, beef

Brinkman

21 minutes ago, Justin said:

I am sure the steak will be great, remember sear and use little butter at the end with some ground pepper, it brings out he flavorful, sear enough for it to blacken a but, or use torch on it Make sure the pan is good and hot for the sear. Mind your if the Mrs cooks a mean steak , that is perfect in itself!

Look at the below  and this is what to expect Rare on the sous vide is left, on the right is the pan only method (I think these are a fillet mind but the principle is the same, sous vide all the flavour and even texture

Image result for sous vide steak

Well I'll never know Justin as the temp unit turned out to be faulty so it has just been boxed up and returned to the supplier who have promised to get me a new one out tomorrow! If that fails the potato test then they have promised a full refund by return. Not a good start, not good at all....

I would like this opportunity to thank my wife for being so understanding! She stepped into the breach and cooked a splendid steak in the good old fashioned way! A cast iron skillet with a nob of butter, salt and pepper, it was delicious, utterly delicious as were the potatoes and side salad. I'd also like to thank the French who grew, trod and did all the other things they do to create a very fine Malbec which was consumed toot suite. Not as fine as an Argentinian Malbec I have quite a few of in the cellar, but they only come out to celebrate the Liberation of the Falklands once a year, every year without fail and will continue to do so until the day I pass. ??‍♂️  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

get a refund and buy this Wancle stick 

Well I'll go with the replacement which arrives on Wednesday and if it fails to cook the three test items perfectly then by 1800hrs it will indeed be going back for a full refund and I'll go for the stick. Watch this space.

I think if it's about the cooking of the beef it should be in this forum as the original post was so. If it's about the new unit then it should be in the review forum....or you could do two  posts, one here and one in the review section to keep it in the forum etiquette. Just my 2 cents.