UDS Plans...

Cheers,  Raptor.....the reason for the timeline is we expect to be moving to the next village maybe after chrimbo???.  Nothing sorted at the mo,  if we move to the new place it has a garage, which will be heaven for me as I've been without one for the last 11 years.

Ice.

For anyone thinking of building a drum,  you may find this site useful,  I've bought loads of fitting when I built my homebrew kit a few years back, they do seem to be the best price for copper pipe and fittings.

https://www.jtmplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings-c433/compression-fittings-8mm-28mm-c42

I'm sorting out the bits I'll need,  I'm going to use tank connectors for the air vents....

https://www.jtmplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings-c433/compression-fittings-8mm-28mm-c42/jtm-compression-fittings-compression-tank-connector-p933

A 22mm at £1.70 each that is not going to break the bank...22mm elbows at £1.36 and a length of 22mm pipe and the jobs a good un. 

Happy buiding...

I do have some copper bits left over,  22mm, 35mm and a bit of 54mm. I'm sure there's a length of 22mm pipe kicking around as well.  I've just ordered all new bits off them anyway, I don't want to find out that an item I thought was 22mm turns out to be 35mm.   Total delivered £34.  m0112.gif   

Ice.

I've learned over the last few years that it pays to spend an hour or so on a search for whatever you're after to find a good price.   When eBay started you could find the odd bargain,  now you have to be very careful about what you buy from there.

The same goes for Amazon I'm afraid, there are good prices on the site, but when you look around you can find better.  One of the biggest cons and makes me laugh is some of the stuff from the good old US of A.....you find whatever you're looking for let's say £30....then the seller asks for £50 P&P......unbelievable.   

Ice.

10 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I've learned over the last few years that it pays to spend an hour or so on a search for whatever you're after to find a good price.   When eBay started you could find the odd bargain,  now you have to be very careful about what you buy from there.

The same goes for Amazon I'm afraid, there are good prices on the site, but when you look around you can find better.  One of the biggest cons and makes me laugh is some of the stuff from the good old US of A.....you find whatever you're looking for let's say £30....then the seller asks for £50 P&P......unbelievable.   

Ice.

Unfortunately the airfreight costs at the moment are extortion. 

Ive looked into getting the uds kits udsparts.com But the airfreight costs are pretty high . So I’m looking into ocean freight LCL costs .