Attention 57CM Webbers..£180

Icefever

O MY GOD.....just got home from work, and my lovely rosemary said "I have a present for you".  Went out the back to find she had bought me a 57cm Webber Master touch for our anniversary..

https://www.weber.com/GB/en/barbecues/charcoal-barbecues/master-touch-series/

Apparently,  Homebase are selling 2 models of 57cm...one at £170 and the Master touch for £180.  Thank's to the bbq gods that her piggy bank is still pink.  :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Ice.

• Like 2

We got things going yesterday morning, prepping ready for a few friends coming around later and in a lull in prepping I opened the box to check the Webber just in case there may be damaged. Everything was ok, then I came across the 2 fire baskets and thought they'll do a grand job in the Jumbuck.

I very nearly ordered a couple of baskets off Amazon last week, glad I didn't now. They worked a treat,  I used the Jumbuck for the pork.....the offset for a fattie and chicken skewers.

I tied a gazebo wall section across the side corner as the wind blows straight through.  It all turned out well everyone went home happy.
Started the pork off with a tray of water but very soon took it away...it finished very well,  we hit the correct IT according to the Inkbird....it all went...    :thumb1:

20180811_141321.jpg

20180811_141308.jpg

20180811_144328.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 7:36 AM, Icefever said:

We got things going yesterday morning, prepping ready for a few friends coming around later and in a lull in prepping I opened the box to check the Webber just in case there may be damaged. Everything was ok, then I came across the 2 fire baskets and thought they'll do a grand job in the Jumbuck.

I very nearly ordered a couple of baskets off Amazon last week, glad I didn't now. They worked a treat,  I used the Jumbuck for the pork.....the offset for a fattie and chicken skewers.

I tied a gazebo wall section across the side corner as the wind blows straight through.  It all turned out well everyone went home happy.
Started the pork off with a tray of water but very soon took it away...it finished very well,  we hit the correct IT according to the Inkbird....it all went...    :thumb1:

20180811_141321.jpg

20180811_141308.jpg

20180811_144328.jpg

Hi Ice, looking to christen my Jumbuck this weekend with a Raspberry Glazed Chicken. Spotted you talking about the Weber baskets making the cooking easier, are these from Amazon equivalent or suitable based on your experience?  and is a  drip tray a must when doing chicken/pork

Yes they worked a treat on the Jumbuck,  concentrates the heat on two sides. The ones for the 57cm that I have are just the correct size when they sit on the ash plate their level with the sides of the spit, as you can see in the photo.  

I'd go for them if I were you..  

ps..just see the last question....I removed the pan after about 20 mins with the coals on the side any drips miss the fire...so no flare-ups

Ice..  

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 1