Greetings from Fife

TheFifeFlyer

Hey everyone.

Doing the stautory introduction as you do when you join a forum. :)

I just got a Costco K24 Kamado delivered yesterday, but work away so will be the weekend before setting it up.

Already got some charcoal for the 1st run and not yet decided on which lump to get. Also a bag of pear wood delivered for smoking.  I`ve spent literally, days on YT researching so hopefully am ready :) A LOT more to these Kamados than you`d imagine

I`ll most likely get a Ynni D&C at some point, but that`s a way down the line for now.

Looking forward to getting know you guys.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Andy🍻

I made your journey back in 2019 and ended up with a Monolith kamado. It was hard enough back then to decide, but now there is much more choice which makes it even tougher.

What cooks are you most looking forward to?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdamG said:

Welcome to the forum Andy🍻

I made your journey back in 2019 and ended up with a Monolith kamado. It was hard enough back then to decide, but now there is much more choice which makes it even tougher.

What cooks are you most looking forward to?

Cheers Adam.

Most looking forward to?.........

Everything :)

As there is only the 2 of us, it`s mostly chicken thighs and pork, but once I get the hang of it, I`m gonna try a tomahawk steak. I`d love to do a slab of brisket like the videos I see, but for 2 of us, it`s maybe a bit much. Can always do a Kg piece right enough. I`ll also do a whole chicken but not sure whether I really need the stand thing I see people use. I`d probably spatchcock it.

And of course......pizza :) The Mrs won`t touch one out dominos but can`t wait to get a 'charred' one.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TheFifeFlyer said:

Cheers Adam.

Most looking forward to?.........

Everything :)

As there is only the 2 of us, it`s mostly chicken thighs and pork, but once I get the hang of it, I`m gonna try a tomahawk steak. I`d love to do a slab of brisket like the videos I see, but for 2 of us, it`s maybe a bit much. Can always do a Kg piece right enough. I`ll also do a whole chicken but not sure whether I really need the stand thing I see people use. I`d probably spatchcock it.

And of course......pizza :) The Mrs won`t touch one out dominos but can`t wait to get a 'charred' one.

If Everything is your answer then your kamado is gonna be a great purchase already👍

Only 3 of us here so brisket is a rare cook for me aswell unfortunately😒 usually have to invite a few people to cook one....now that you mention it I need to try and get another done soon😋

@pittmab did a great looking Tomahawk steak over the weekend which looks fantastic!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justin said:

There is only 2 here too has kids grown and flown, Still can get inventive though, go quality not quantity. you will be fine, get creative

I`m actually looking forward as much as to how my veggies will turn out. Roasted corn, peppers, carrots etc.

The best cooking gear we ever got was the Ninja, but I can see the K24 overtake it :)

Hi and :welcome:

Nice to have a fellow Scot. I'm just down the road beside Glasgow. 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, TheFifeFlyer said:

I`d love to do a slab of brisket like the videos I see, but for 2 of us, it`s maybe a bit much

Don't worry about that. There's only me and my Mrs and I did a 6kg Brisket last year, was a great few days. 😁

I've done sprouts a few times and she loves them along with Peppers etc.. The Kamados are great bits of Kit. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hoogl said:

Hi and :welcome:

Nice to have a fellow Scot. I'm just down the road beside Glasgow. 

Don't worry about that. There's only me and my Mrs and I did a 6kg Brisket last year, was a great few days. 😁

I've done sprouts a few times and she loves them along with Peppers etc.. The Kamados are great bits of Kit. 

Thanks for the welcome bud.

Well that`s me got the frame built and the firebox etc all out the egg. Still far too heavy for me and the wife to lift so will get a hand from my neighbour later on tonight. Clip the side plates on and away we go :)

I`ve the day off tomorrow so will fire it up and use it as a learning curve to control the temp`s and get used to it.

• Like 2