Justin

Burgers on the Traeger Ranger with signature pellets. 6 oz 1 inch thick burgers.  1 tsp brown sugar and again of ancho chilli flakes 1/4 tsp chipotle flakes. 1/4 tsp pepper 1/2tsp of salt 1 tsp onion granules and 1 clove garlic crushed. 110c on the Ranger. 1 1/4 hour to 71c.  I flashed 30 secs or so each side in hot cast iron skillet on hob.

20220807_181305.thumb.jpg.d6e3b98ad8bc076701e764baea78b349.jpg

Nice and smoky and chilli on the taste. Rock solid keeping temp on Ranger. Easy to clean. Very impressed with the Ranger. Super Easy. Reliable.  Good

• Like 2

Just put silverside on for 4 hours at 85c aiming for 65c , Signature pellets. Simple rub of thyme, onion granules, oregano and paprika with some slat and pepper. Hoping to see it nice an tender but we shall see, Putting the Ranger through its paces, so far it is a great performer.

Edited by Justin

Took 3 hours to 60c. 1 kg silverside. Used very few pellets at 85c and blazing sunshine beating down

20220811_135355.thumb.jpg.c63919a3facc8cb6e0736db6d41eaaa8.jpg

Smoky beef,  slice thin. It is perfect colour, juicy delicious and tender.  Yum yum

20220811_135554.thumb.jpg.cdfa47e2a1000b518e53f2d0563d1084.jpg

Edited by Justin
  • Like 2

Recipe for Deli Roast Beef.
1.8 to 2.5kg silverside ( I used 1 kilo as there is 2 of us but next time I will go bigger as it is delicious)

1tsp rapeseed oil

1/4 tsp garlic power (I did not use this as swimbo does not like it)

1/4 tsp onion granules

1/4 tsp dried thyme

1/4 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp smoked paprika (sweet not hot version)

1/8 tsp salt (more if you like salt up to 1/2 tsp)

1/4 tsp black pepper ( up to1/2 tsp if you like more pepper)

Dry beef with kitchen paper, rub with oil, wash and dry hands, sprinkle with and roll in rub

Pellet grill (I used Traeger Ranger of course) heat to 85c (185F) or what ever set up you have that can get that low in temp

Smoke with you favourite pellet (I used Traeger Signature pellets) until meat probe in centre of meat hits 57, wrap in foil and leave to rest and it will rise to 60c plus. 

Eat warm or cold , thinly slice

Will last up to week in fridge, though mine lasted 2 days and was gone!  Sandwiches salad, oatcake topping, whatever you like.

Deli beef, beautiful and lean too. Have a go.

• Like 1

next time I do a cook I will pre-heat it to 85C and see if it will hold it, I have a kamado so will have to see if it can stay that low before attempting.

On Saturday when I was cleaning the garden, I just happened to notice it was reading 59C in the sun....and it was not even lit lol

Yes, I used very few pellets on  the Traeger Ranger because of the sun blazing down, another way of getting low temps is a water baffle  in a kettle or such, inly fire done a lot cheaper that eh slow and sear model which has a water curtain.

On my WSM I have a smokefire feeding air to it and I can get down to low but not tried it as low as 85c, should be possible as the water bowl will hold the temp. Love super slo smoking.

Got plan do to do meatballs at 82c for 30 mins to smoke them followed by 107c for hour to a internal temp of 73c and a smoked tomato sauce. Will post details here when I once I do

• Thanks 1

An old weber 57cm kettle that i have modded over the years new ash collector wheels, etc with rotessries, kebab rotisseries (only fire), rib rack rotating onlyfire trays, to keep it going, a small wsm with smokefire (app controlled fan) and a Traeger Ranger, cast iron skillets and pot. Everything I need, no where near @Smokin Monkeycollection! Mind you you should see myhomebrew stuff lol

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Spare Rib Chops.  Apple pellet.
20220820_170322.thumb.jpg.4633efd8eb833e5ceb3117a4994d77c4.jpg
2 1/2 hours at 80 c rising to 107 for last half hour

Sauce shop original BBQ rub and Sauce. Sauce for last 20 mins

So easy to do.

20220820_170333.thumb.jpg.26acddfd996a32bf16ab73d1209d44cc.jpg

Served with a simple salad and mayonnaise, Home grown cherry tomatoes, Smoked the tomatoes (also home grown) alongside the pork for the full 2 1/2 hours.  They were delicious.

20220820_171208.thumb.jpg.70298fffd6d17a3abffd3fcf90ce9fb3.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...