What BBQ related product do you think needs an update?

hoogl

Hi all, 

I've had my Meater+ for a couple of years and I use it often but not as much as I'd like. I know the + model is technically a "Gen 2" model but I wish they would do a proper update and redesign. I know that Traeger bought them last year so no doubt the next model will be more integrated with their grills. 

• I love the true wirelessness of it but it does suffer from range issues when used in my WSM particularly if I wrap the joint in heavy foil.
  • Also the size of it makes it quite obtrusive and hard to use on smaller cuts of meats. 
  • Could also do with a more rounded bottom as the hard square makes it a bugger to clean as it usually rips my sponges. 

Is there any products or BBQs you think that could do with a new Gen/redesign? 

• Like 1

My bbq guru cloud controller would benefit from a dedicated app/program instead of using the web browser. It works perfectly fine but an app would be more streamlined and may have more features. There is a newer generation out but I think it still uses the web browser.

Those cheap bbq tool sets that come in the cases need some updating...they always include those tongs and spatulas that are useless for picking anything up lol

• Like 2

I have looked at getting the Guru but I generally don't do that many long cooks and usually find the WSM easy to set up for a  long cook. I may look at one later but its interesting that it doesn't run of a dedicated app. I suppose the Web browser will be easier for them to maintain and more accessible as they don't need to have a separate Droid/Ios version but with so many people using Mobile/tablet you'd think it would make more sense.  

14 hours ago, AdamG said:

Those cheap bbq tool sets that come in the cases need some updating...they always include those tongs and spatulas that are useless for picking anything up lol

🤣 Yeah I think we all have more than one set of these. Usually friends/family get us the cheap ones at Birthdays/Christmas as they know we like to BBQ. I appreciate the gesture but usually if someone is serious with a hobby they usually already have a decent set of tools etc.  🙃

• Like 1

I only use the controller for cooks longer than say 6 hours, overnight cooks is where it shines. But as you say, it does not get much use. The app would be more of a bonus as the web browser does works great.

I agree 100% with what you said about the bbq sets, just a small change would make them an essential buy, especially starting out.👍

@AdamG overnight cooks not sitting round a firepit pretending to be a cowboy/caveman opportunity missed........have meater+ for shorter cooks but don't rely on it just use it as a guide if loitering out of smoke range or engrossed in book, also have thermoworks smoke which I tend to use for long cooks. Never had a bbq tool set in a case but admit not been impressed when seen as seem a bit flimsy to move big hunks of meat. Have large Napoleon Pro spatula thingy with integrated bottle opener. My go to bbq tools 

16589921042722919942066824406595.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, U can do that again said:

@AdamG overnight cooks not sitting round a firepit pretending to be a cowboy/caveman opportunity missed........have meater+ for shorter cooks but don't rely on it just use it as a guide if loitering out of smoke range or engrossed in book, also have thermoworks smoke which I tend to use for long cooks. Never had a bbq tool set in a case but admit not been impressed when seen as seem a bit flimsy to move big hunks of meat. Have large Napoleon Pro spatula thingy with integrated bottle opener. My go to bbq tools 

16589921042722919942066824406595.jpg

Are those banana's leftovers? Haha😉😋

I have only done overnight cooks on beef briskets, mainly due to the length of cook vs when guests want to eat. Everything else has been early morning👍

Nice set of tools😁