Onlyfire Portable Pellet Barbecue Grill £119.99 Delivered @ Amazon

sotv

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

What are the reviews like for it?

Think it's brand new to the market, saw it first appear on Prime Day last week. Onlyfire tend to push their new products out super cheap at launch, to get a few reviews and put the price up once they've got a few.

Think this is their version of the Traeger Ranger but 75% cheaper, has a slightly larger cooking area, but a smaller hopper. Looking at the specs that is its biggest drawback as can see a hopper only lasting 3 hours max for lower temp cooking, so would need to be watched to make sure it doesn't empty.

@Smokin Monkeyowns the Traeger Ranger and has posted his thoughts on it and a few cooks, so maybe worth checking to see if the size of one of these suits your needs, if only cooking for 1 or 2 people or if any use if you camp etc 

re: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Onlyfire-Portable-Barbecue-Electronic-Temperature/dp/B09B21RQVP/ref=asc_df_B09B21RQVP/?

OK, but avoid, it looks and feels lovely  though has loads of screws holding everything in place, no handles either meaning picking it up is not easy which makes it less portable. Lovely and well built but the auger is connected by a crap cam bolt to the gears  which connected to little motor this is critical fail point. it needs to be steel not cast aluminium bolt.  It broke on first use of pellets. It is a cheap rip off of a ASMOKE A300, avoid at all costs.  Poor for Onlyfire brand as other stuff I have from them is good 

Edited by Justin
  • Sad 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:19 AM, bbqoldie said:

is replacing the bolt with something suitable possible? (or do you have photos of how/where it broke so I can make my mind up?)

Accessing and replacing the bolt behind the gears is near impossible without taking whole pellet grill to pieces 

I ponied up 400 quid and have bought traeger ranger. It is bigger and more robust. Seasoned it today at 230c which is max temp and it performed beautifully.  Looking forward to putting it through its paces

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Onlyfire messaged me saying we can take measures to your satisfaction which I guess means we can send you another. I said I returned it so nothing to do. They said we will make next version better which I take to mean it is a known problem with many incidents.  I looked at the broken bolt and it is not steel. Never going to take the torque so I think a more powerful motor hack is not going to fix that 

• 2 weeks later...

well I'm a handy old chap with time on my hands, if someone wants to get rid of their one with broken bolt issue I'll happily send some reasonable funds in exchange, send a courier and get the machine shop tools out....no point in the thing becoming landfill due to this issue

Edited by bbqoldie

3 hours ago, bbqoldie said:

well I'm a handy old chap with time on my hands, if someone wants to get rid of their one with broken bolt issue I'll happily send some reasonable funds in exchange, send a courier and get the machine shop tools out....no point in the thing becoming landfill due to this issue

It is not that simple, to access the place where bolt goes you have to take the whole thing apart and I do meant the whole thing.  Bad design which surprised me as I have other OnlyFire stuff which is well made well designed and rock solid performance.

Anyway moved to the Traeger Ranger now and it is brilliant in comparison and on its own performance

Edited by Justin