Spatchcock Chicken

Sooty

Cooked a Spatchcock Chicken today. I was aiming for a lighter Mediterranean style, rather than the sticky, sweeter one I’d done before. I marinated the medium size chicken over-night after liberally rubbing it with a mix of chilli oil, lemon, pepper, garlic, fresh thyme & coriander leaf. I cooked it offset on the Napoleon charcoal kettle with some apple wood chips. Checked after 2 1/2 hours, then gave it 10 mins. skin side down, directly over the coals, then rested it wrapped in foil with another squeeze of lemon & some more coriander.  Really pleased with the result - juicy, fragrant & a lovely, light smokey taste.  Went great with a Greek salad & a lovely chilled Pinot Grigio.  

90B4EABD-2FE3-452B-B35F-EAFFD2192492.thumb.jpeg.9fe12beac86a5db36b02a1db48ae418d.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the positive comments - I’m a newbie with cooking anything like this on a BBQ, but I’ve been trawling through the posts on here. So cheers everyone for the inspiration and tips. I’m pleased with the results so far (and impressed with the new Napoleon too). 

• Like 1