July’s Monthly Competition

Including beer?

Here is dopplebock. 6.5%. I have brewed. I have 18 litres left. I have made from all grain and largered for 3 months. I am sitting in the sun enjoying it It is fantastic.

20220702_133313.jpg

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

Including beer?

Here is dopplebock. 6.5%. I have brewed. I have 18 litres left. I have made from all grain and largered for 3 months. I am sitting in the sun enjoying it It is fantastic.

20220702_133313.jpg

Has nice sweetness front and then and hop carry though after malt. sweetness balances rhe alcohol. Keeps you going back. 6.6% hic

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

This is my Lamb Keema Burger. Made from locally reared Lamb for an award winning farm shop close to me!

81B66644-8067-401C-8FB9-C9B720D19B52.jpeg

FC8AA97A-7B31-4D01-AE7B-1B4E2E692EFA.jpeg

If you want to see the full story and cooking of this Burger Click Here!

Looks fantastic @Smokin Monkey

It looks like you would need a locally sourced carjack to be able to bite it haha😁👍

I have an idea for my cook which I will attempt next week...not sure if it will stack upto your burger though👍

Love the dopplebock @Justin

• Like 1

You could say local is if it's in your group 😁 Though that might be a wee bit of cheating especially for us Scots and Welsh. :th_INGardenbbq7:

I agree if it's within your local council/Shire or neighbouring one. Obviously for some that would be bigger than others. Personally I don't really have a hard rule as long as it's within the spirit of the competition. 

The only thing is, can I get an extension to Julys competition as Summer doesn't start up here in Glasgow for another month and only lasts a couple days. :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius:

image.thumb.png.e79b7c991aa0b55665b1b56dc681dda6.png

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, hoogl said:

You could say local is if it's in your group 😁 Though that might be a wee bit of cheating especially for us Scots and Welsh. :th_INGardenbbq7:

I agree if it's within your local council/Shire or neighbouring one. Obviously for some that would be bigger than others. Personally I don't really have a hard rule as long as it's within the spirit of the competition. 

The only thing is, can I get an extension to Julys competition as Summer doesn't start up here in Glasgow for another month and only lasts a couple days. :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius:

image.thumb.png.e79b7c991aa0b55665b1b56dc681dda6.png

You will have to do 6 cooks on each day so you have enough for each month of the year haha🤪

I was classing local by County, as @Smokin Monkey said👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Managed to get my cook in today😁

I decided not only did I want to use local produce but I wanted to do a local dish.

With living in Cheshire I just had to use smooth cheshire cheese and new cheshire potatoes in my dish, which ended up being a cheese and onion pie, I also smoked with hickory so it wasnt too boring haha. (Its hard to see in the photo, but I left the top open for the smoke to hit the cheese/mash)

20220708_172655.thumb.jpg.9326f85a1514a08f6af93f54ff70cb5c.jpg

20220708_175009.thumb.jpg.aa4aaf8a341c1b95931c66f3b37ab2df.jpg

I put a seperate post up with more details/photo's if anyone is interested in seeing more👍

Edited by AdamG
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, U can do that again said:

Cheshire pie, pork chops with homegrown veg, need to up my game as was/am doing a brisket, local element is East Sussex charcoal & smoking oak but not from my shire as live in Kent but brisket is on anyway. Now for bunch on the kettle while bullet smoker chugs along

20220710_115228.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this!

• Like 1