Woodsmoke 2019 - National Smokers and BBQ Weekend. Billing Aquadrome. 19-21 July

Wade

Should be easy to make a sponge, mix it up chuck it in at 180 o kettle, fingers crossed, jam an icing sugar, candles, I don t ind giving that a go. I like to make a desert on the bbq. Maybe one of your rellies could help me on that

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 9:16 AM, sotv said:

Had a call yesterday from Billing. The Lodge isn't available now so they have swapped me to a Gold standard Caravan rather than the Silver Lodge, i had booked. She assured me it was a better deal and accomodation. Not convinced but had to accept as cancellation was my only other alternative. 

My step daughter and husband and couple of the grandkids have booked another caravan over xmas as it is my wife's and young granddaughters birthday that week and we normally have a big family birthday celebration and BBQ for them in Brum, but to allow me to attend this event this year , I have convinced them all to celebrate it, there at the site. I will have quite a clan with me (10 in all), but hoping my stepson and son in law will cook as well as they are quite keen BBQ'ers and can use some of my stuff or at least help me produce some food with me. 😀

I am thinking bbq birthday cake for your wife and younger daughter. I fear you will have to avoid it though mate, sugar etc...in the recipe i have. Chocolate cake with an Orange Glaze.

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Justin said:

I am thinking bbq birthday cake for your wife and younger daughter. I fear you will have to avoid it though mate, sugar etc...in the recipe i have. Chocolate cake with an Orange Glaze.

That's kind of you but no need, they will be more than happy with a plate of meat. I believe they are planning a little tea party for her earlier in the day, whilst I am cooking. But thank you, for the thought anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, sotv said:

Getting closer, just looked at my booking and the 60 day payment of balance on my booking will be due next week or so, I reckon?

I'll have to check with them, I booked way back last year I think, but not sure if I paid in full....last year I finish up paying at the front gate office.  Really looking forward to it, got to sort out the trailer tent.

Ice.

Just spoken with the park: I paid in full so you need to remember did you pay deposit or in full. if deposit pay by 20th May

Also if you arrive after 2 you  can check in straight away and go to pitch. If you arrive between 12 and 2 you have to pay a 10 quid fee to go onto your pitch straightaway (or you can wait until 2 and no fee).  No arriving before 12, if you did you would have to wait.

I in my tent and we are pitching in Puddleduck, I confirmed the with the park (Keeley)

Just paid my balance. It does say no reminders sent on the payment page. So it is up to you to remember to pay the balance by today.Not sure (outside of camping) whether you risk losing lodge/caravan if booked one of them. if not paid by today?

• 3 weeks later...

Name badges for aprons, I can embroider these for sew on if you want one,  £4.

see pdf attached for options with your name in the middle. PM me

Also National tailgate event badges  woodsmoke2.pdf available. let me know year of attendance in the middle. fiver each

WOODSMOKEFORUM.PDF538.11 kB · 0 downloads WOODSMOKEFORUM2.pdf393.4 kB · 2 downloads

9 hours ago, Justin said:

Name badges for aprons, I can embroider these for sew on if you want one,  £4.

see pdf attached for options with your name in the middle. PM me

Also National tailgate event badges  woodsmoke2.pdf available. let me know year of attendance in the middle. fiver each

WOODSMOKEFORUM.PDF538.11 kB · 0 downloads WOODSMOKEFORUM2.pdf393.4 kB · 2 downloads

OK @Justin what I want to do is, send you my apron and get you to sew last years badges, Woodsmoke 18, 1st Northern Tailgate and all this years events on it, if that’s OK?

C7280121-7C98-40EF-864A-464AA6F79A8F.thumb.jpeg.14e042209c2776019eab088a2ab0696c.jpeg