Woodsmoke 2019 - National Smokers and BBQ Weekend. Billing Aquadrome. 19-21 July

Wade

16 hours ago, Walksha1 said:

How much are the pods Scott for next year 

£90 for the two nights, well worth it for me, warm, dry and no flapping! :)

16 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Yes they are more expensive, no £5.00 per night discount. They wanted us to book 20 pitches, and if not booked by the end of the year Wade and myself would have to pay for the remaining unbooked.

Totally makes sense, as others have said, you don't want to be lumbered with having to pay out for unbooked pitches. I'm not fussed about the cost, it's such a good weekend, and very godo for my mental health so it's worth every penny!! :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of the PODs have now been booked at Billing however I have found a good hotel nearby that seems to be excellent value.

Overstone Park Hotel, Golf & Leisure Resort

Through Booking.com the rate is currently £120 - £150 for the two nights, with breakfast included. This is very favourable compared with the hotel at Billing (a Premiere Inn) who are asking £330. 

• Like 3

All the pods booked, galvanised me into making a booking.

Booked one of the lodges there as they have 25% off sitewide on caravans, lodges and camping/van pitches till Monday as part of Black Friday using code on site. Going to coming down down as a group of 6 for the weekend as the granddkids look well provided for with facilities on the site during the day and evening. Hopefully it will be alright for them all to join us for the feast on the evening?

Got the lodge for £265 for the weekend and accommodates six. (May have got the last one)? Caravans available for £225 to £250 for the weekend sleeping six using code as well. If anyone else interested in that form of  accommodation?

Edited by sotv
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sotv said:

Going to coming down down as a group of 6 for the weekend as the granddkids look well provided for with facilities on the site during the day and evening. Hopefully it will be alright for them all to join us for the feast on the evening?

All family members are welcome to join us for the evening and also during the day too. When you arrive on Friday night you must all come across and say hi :thumb1:. There is sure to be something cooking Friday night for people to nibble on and we get to know each other over some beer/wine/juice. There are usually AT LEAST a third of the people attending who are new and so you will not be the only ones there for the first time. It was understandable the first time we held one of these meets that our other halves and families were somewhat apprehensive as to what to expect - but I think they actually had more fun watching us rushing around. A glass or two of wine or gin usually does the trick too 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Icefever said:

It'll be great to put a face to the avatar name...☺️  are you bringing a bbq ???  and cooking???  :thumb1:  

Ice.

I will be, no idea what yet. Maybe a bit different due to health requirements. but we'll see. plenty of time to practice on things beforehand. 👍

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 8:47 AM, Wade said:

All of the PODs have now been booked at Billing however I have found a good hotel nearby that seems to be excellent value.

Overstone Park Hotel, Golf & Leisure Resort

Through Booking.com the rate is currently £120 - £150 for the two nights, with breakfast included. This is very favourable compared with the hotel at Billing (a Premiere Inn) who are asking £330. 

Noticed when checking different types of Accommodation that were available, all the pitches with electric hook ups are booked up now as well. Not sure if it is this event or the site in General but the campsite seems to be filling up fast and just normal pitches without electric for motorhomes and tents seem to be available to select online anyway for that weekend now or Static Caravans and Lodges, like I booked.

It is big place, lots of people here but we ill have our own area, it is cool.  Lots of people looking over wondering what is going on, the braves ones come over and share in the feast and have a chat.

I went last year and it was the first time I had been to event like this, everyone was so welcoming and  engaging, had a great time.  Though my fishing chair got a few jealous looks!  I shared it out to those that looked like they needed a bit of comfort.

It will make another appearance.

Edited by Justin

On 11/29/2018 at 5:08 PM, Justin said:

Though my fishing chair got a few jealous looks!  I shared it out to those that looked like the needed a bit of comfort.

Joyce liked it so much she bought me one for my birthday :thumb1:

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2018 at 11:38 AM, sotv said:

All the pods booked, galvanised me into making a booking.

Booked one of the lodges there as they have 25% off sitewide on caravans, lodges and camping/van pitches till Monday as part of Black Friday using code on site. Going to coming down down as a group of 6 for the weekend as the granddkids look well provided for with facilities on the site during the day and evening. Hopefully it will be alright for them all to join us for the feast on the evening?

Got the lodge for £265 for the weekend and accommodates six. (May have got the last one)? Caravans available for £225 to £250 for the weekend sleeping six using code as well. If anyone else interested in that form of  accommodation?

Had a call yesterday from Billing. The Lodge isn't available now so they have swapped me to a Gold standard Caravan rather than the Silver Lodge, i had booked. She assured me it was a better deal and accomodation. Not convinced but had to accept as cancellation was my only other alternative. 

My step daughter and husband and couple of the grandkids have booked another caravan over xmas as it is my wife's and young granddaughters birthday that week and we normally have a big family birthday celebration and BBQ for them in Brum, but to allow me to attend this event this year , I have convinced them all to celebrate it, there at the site. I will have quite a clan with me (10 in all), but hoping my stepson and son in law will cook as well as they are quite keen BBQ'ers and can use some of my stuff or at least help me produce some food with me. 😀

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1