My BBQ Shack

Introducing my BBQ shack.

I built the table/prep station last year using a 4x2.5 foot granite worktop I picked up second hand on ebay, and some spare joists and decking boards. I was using with a gazebo for pizza and BBQ previously but wanted something a bit more sturdy, so built the shelter over it and used feather edge to put sides on the table to hide the gas bottles etc.

Only used once so far, but looking forward to cooking whatever the weather! :)

IMG_20220502_141826152_HDR-2.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great @nbr_uk, hopefully one day I can have a space looking like this👍🍻

I am waaay behind on having a bbq area, to the point were the bbq gets moved around alot.

Im in the process of building a countertop (part 1 of 2 at least) for the bbq to sit in so I have a worktop and easy access storage. Hopefully I will have the frame built in the next couple of weeks. The price of stainless steel at the moment is astronomical so part 2 of the build could potentially be years off😭

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I see what you mean about the price of metal at the moment AdamG. I was looking for some treadplate to make a surface for my pizza oven stand and it's around 3x what I expected.

These prep tables look good value though, any good as a base for your build?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313105713952?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vmocyixbrvc&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=KRheoK4_Ri2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nbr_uk said:

I see what you mean about the price of metal at the moment AdamG. I was looking for some treadplate to make a surface for my pizza oven stand and it's around 3x what I expected.

These prep tables look good value though, any good as a base for your build?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313105713952?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vmocyixbrvc&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=KRheoK4_Ri2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

These do look really good as a starting point. I may get one at a later date to go along side mine. I have managed to source some offcuts of stainless steel angle that I decided to use. Already cut and mitred....just waiting for a free weekend to weld them up😩

Thanks for the heads up😁👍

• Like 1