Woodchurch Smokery at Brogdale Apple Festival

Wade

• 1 month later...

Will you have wood pellets with you for sale by any chance?

I'm hoping to come along with my parents and my little monster at some point over the weekend, and could do with stocking up on pellets as I've almost used up my supplies - smoking every weekend has become a bit of a habit methinks! :)

That is great :thumb1:

Most of the day I will be on the Woodchurch Smokery stall in the local produce tent so come along and say hi. I will probably have the ProQ and maybe a Weber Kettle fired up with ribs and a fatty so you should be able to smell where we are...

• 2 weeks later...

Quite probably  but he'll have to bring his own money, mine will be reserved for meat and alcohol (and wood chips for cooking meat! lol

That said, he does love meat! And he's becoming quite a good helper when I've got a cook going in the smokers, checking the temperatures for me, doing the spraying with apple juice and best of all he really enjoys pulling pork and lamb! I break it down to lumps and get rid of fat and bone then he pulls the rest, probably halves the time it takes, it's great!!

He has also learned about "chef's privilege" and says it while giving me a wink as he's about to eat a nice outer piece that could be pulled and added to the rest of the meat! :D

• Haha 1

It was a great day out, my little man had a brilliant time, archery, bouncy pirate ship, touching reptiles, playing on the playground, tasting loads of foods, even eating some apple (much to my amazement!)

My parents and I also really enjoyed it, such a lovely event and loads to do and see and eat, spent way too much money on fudge and cheese, and of course meat and wood chips! 

Itt was good to catch up with Wade and to watch a very good demonstration on how to make a Fatty/Sausage Bomb!!  My parents were totally won over by that and my mum, who doens't normally like burgery things, said we'd definitely have to make one when we have a family bbq next year as she thought it was delicious!! :D

• Like 1

On 14/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, Liomer said:

Great to meet you today, Wade, and put a face to a name!  Can’t wait to test the bacon!  Hope the demo went OK - just sorry we couldn’t wait to watch it

The same here. Thanks for coming to the stand and saying Hi. It was great to meet you and it would have been great to chat for longer. We must do it again soon :5980a344e6cd3_ThumbsUp:

The demos went well and from the audience feedback I have been asked to present again at their 2018 events. We almost sold out of the bacon which was good. I now need to get some more curing.

Hopefully the price of Salmon will drop soon so I can get that back on the product list too.

Looking forward to catching up again. Wade