Landmann Kentucky offset smoker

HeyBertHeyErnie

6 hours ago, goldencrunchs said:

I think I’ll have more success if I get a charcoal starter thingy 

Not necessarily mate,  my starter is still at the old place,  last Sunday I started the Weber with a handful of twigs, as I will have to, later on, this morning.  Don't get it wrong they do work a treat, a lot of the guys use those little camping gas stoves.  Fill the chimney for whatever quantity you need, light the stove and set the chimney on top for maybe 5/10 mins, hey presto a load of cherry red coals and away you go. 

From the photo, it looks like you used briquettes?? the first time I run my Landmann,  I used just hardwood logs. You do have to keep a close eye on the firebox because of the speed the logs are used.  I remember I seemed to be throwing a log on every hour or so??.  That's why now I stick with briquettes,  I'm using heat beads today, then throw in whatever wood for the amount of smoke I want. Rosemary & I go for a light to medium smoke, it suits us.

I've got a couple of jobs to do fitting this new kitchen later on, can't start banging, drilling, sawing at this time.....m01100.gif

Going to aim for around 0900 start, set up under the garage door like last week then the weather can throw whatever it wants at me.....I don't give a damn.

Ice.   t1602.gif