ALDI KAMADO

andya

I ordered mine 28th April and it arrived today there is a superficial scratch on the enamel, you have to look to see it otherwise it's great

It was very easy to assemble and I managed to get it into base by myself - but it was a close run thing 

I'm burning it in just now been stable at 250F for about 90 mins so far, haven't put a massive amount of lumpwood in

IMG_20190510_172856.jpg

hi all

new to the forum and have came across this as I have bought a Aldi Kamado and was looking for info using it as I am completely new to the Kamado style BBQ

I unboxed mine yesterday and have a cosmetic issue and was after some advice on wether I should contact Aldi or not see attached pictures and give me some thoughts, I have not put it together yet as the weather has been rubbish but am thinking of contacting Aldi as the mark is right where the handle is going to go and I feel it will bother me 

plus there is also a slight crack on the inside not sure if this kind of thing is normal or if this could turn into something worse. 

and then the top lid slightly overhangs the bottom am not sure if this is meant to be like this, 

any comments appreciated 

fullsizeoutput_1a83.thumb.jpeg.eae09dd5b985f23c00209c360312b90f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a7f.thumb.jpeg.41a7aee7b3507ca969977bebb80b135c.jpeg

IMG_2306.thumb.JPG.bc250126812cb58aafb7c238726806d7.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1ae8.thumb.jpeg.0db328eb622805e6b1555cbbc0aa202a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1aea.thumb.jpeg.02ff28abfb98581d51e65756136d2ac4.jpeg

Hello,

I'm looking to buy one of these, but I'm in the middle of moving from a flat to a house. I'm considering getting it delivered to my parents house. How to these arrive? Would I be able to get it in the back of an estate car?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Farmio said:

Hello,

I'm looking to buy one of these, but I'm in the middle of moving from a flat to a house. I'm considering getting it delivered to my parents house. How to these arrive? Would I be able to get it in the back of an estate car?

Thanks

They come securely packaged in a cardboard crate with a pallet type base, should fit ino an estate I would imagine, heavy lift though.

@liam if it were me I'd be looking to get a replacement.

Liam

I would most definitely ask for a replacement. The ceramic has been touching another pot in the firing kiln which will cause internal stresses. Probably the crack you can see inside, ceramics have a habit of totally failing due to such stress factors when reheated i.e. when you start a burn in it. Every kamado/ceramic manufacturer expects to lose 20% during manufacture, it goes with the territory.

Yep. 100% ask for a replacement whilst there is still stock. Mine is being collected tomorrow and replaced for less damage than that. See earlier post. I sent an email with pictures to Aldi’s supplier of the these, la hacienda, and their advice was get it replaced as it’s not “sound”

Edited by Airtime0007
Spelling

10 minutes ago, KT6 Kamdao said:

Got mine yesterday. Built it up and noticed a couple of chips in the lid.

They are about 5mm in diameter, nothing major, but going to contact them before using just in case.

No looks good. Wanted to fire it up this morning, just started raining :(

2 hours ago, JonC said:

My one turned up at 7am today, have just finished putting it together. It arrived in a cardboard box pallet thins and is very well protected. Finish on my one is good.

60227564_10218500175476528_8463891724362579968_o.jpg

I’m chuffed mate. At least we know they can be delivered without damage 

42 minutes ago, KT6 Kamdao said:

Got mine yesterday. Built it up and noticed a couple of chips in the lid.

They are about 5mm in diameter, nothing major, but going to contact them before using just in case.

If you take pictures and send them in, they’ll offer you money off or a replacement 

Edited by Airtime0007

On 5/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, Captain73 said:

Mine being delivered tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up chaps, will take a very close look now...

Well got mine delivered just now. Sadly can’t assemble today but will do ASAP.

A couple of minor chips and scratches, but my main worry is some broken off ceramic around the top of the main body. Will curing seal it or do I have a problem (final pic)? TIA for any advice!

390D32D8-19B8-4CB0-BC7B-AD047904091C.jpeg

54B14CFE-8282-4F40-85D5-DE50F4F681C4.jpeg

5AB8F307-E6C9-42CD-8AAB-8B2294E5BDA6.jpeg

7CFB3417-46DD-418E-A548-54291DC7963A.jpeg

Hi Captain73

if the outside defects are under the glaze then the ceramic has had its final firing and all should be fine. They were probably bits of clay not brushed off after moulding and then fell off during the first firing leaving pock marks.

The ragged edges inside are also cosmetic and should not cause any problems, its poor quality control when cleaning the "green" clay after moulding and all mould lines are trimmed off.

But if you are unhappy with the appearance and lets face it despite being 40% the cost of a BGE or KamadoJoe this is still 350 quid you have spent, then you have the right to a replacement or money back.

Cheers

Jan

19 hours ago, Cureiousjan said:

Hi Captain73

if the outside defects are under the glaze then the ceramic has had its final firing and all should be fine. They were probably bits of clay not brushed off after moulding and then fell off during the first firing leaving pock marks.

The ragged edges inside are also cosmetic and should not cause any problems, its poor quality control when cleaning the "green" clay after moulding and all mould lines are trimmed off.

But if you are unhappy with the appearance and lets face it despite being 40% the cost of a BGE or KamadoJoe this is still 350 quid you have spent, then you have the right to a replacement or money back.

Cheers

Jan

Thanks Jan very helpful! Will take another look when I get home today and see what Aldi say also. 

Hi 

@tedmus, @Cureiousjan, @Airtime0007

Thanks for the replys so quick, 

i have contacted both aldi and la hacienda although i couldn't find a direct email for La hacienda so i have gone through there were they have a feedback section

Does anyone think with the damage to mine it could cause the pot to fail in the future ? 

I probably could live with it as long as they gave a partial refund and upheld the warranty do you think they would do that ? 

Thanks all